FROM THE AMERICAN PEOPLE
U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)/Office of Health based in Jakarta is recruiting Indonesian Nationals for the position of HIV/AIDS AND OTHER INFECTIOUS DISEASES SPECIALIST (Post Code: HEALTH). Salary starts from Rp.20,279,5 10 per month depending on qualifications, experience and salary history.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
The incumbent provides technical assistance to the management of an expanded portfolio focusing primarily on Human Immuno-deficiency Virus (HIV)/Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and Tuberculosis (TB)/HIV co-infection and Malaria, and reports to the Senior Technical Advisor for HIV/AIDS, or her/his delegated authority.
At a minimum, applicant must have the following:
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or equivalent post- graduate degree is required with a Bachelor’s degree in a health science or allied life science, such as medicine, sociology, psychology, biology, pharmacy and public health.
- Ten (10) years of progressive experience with public health/ development programs in Indonesia is required, either with the public sector and/or NGOs/private sector/civil society organizations. Prior experience with HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis or other infectious diseases programs would be an asset.
- Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/reading/written in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required.
In addition to the above criteria relating to education, experience and language proficiency, the following criteria will also be used to evaluate applicants:
- Have solid technical knowledge and understanding of the development, management and evaluation of public health/development programs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word are required.
- Have a high degree of interpersonal, analytical, communication, managerial, leadership, planning, coordinating, negotiation and problem solving skills.
Applicants who responded to the previous Vacancy Announcements need not reapply. Only short listed candidates will be notified for test and interview.
Send letter of application, complete resume in English and supporting documents (in Microsoft Word document format) & please put the post code on the subject of your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 021-3860336.
No later than November 4, 2009.
USAID Website: http://indonesia.usaid.gov