Saipem is a leading company in engineering, drilling and construction of major projects in the energy and infrastructure sectors. It is “One-Company” organized in five business divisions (Offshore E&C, Onshore E&C, Offshore Drilling, Onshore Drilling and XSight, dedicated to conceptual design).
Saipem is a global solution provider with distinctive skills and competences and high-tech assets, which it uses to identify solutions aimed at satisfying customer requirements. Listed on the Milan Stock Exchange, it is present in over 60 countries worldwide and has 32 thousand employees of 120 different nationalities.
We are seeking for best candidates to fill the vacant position:
POSITION : OFFSHORE METHOD ENGINEER
Department/Project : TEP OFFSHORE
Education : University Graduate from on Technical Major
Working Experiences : More than 5 years in similar position or similar field
Work location : Jakarta
REQUIRED WORKING SKILLS/QUALIFICATION/CERTIFICATION
- Offshore structure installation/operation. Capability to perform structure (jacket, modules, manifolds, templates, small items) installation/construction and design all installation Aids, in agreement and liaising with drafting department, lead method and vessel operation. Interpretation of installation engineering results relevant to the activity
- Offshore pipeline/sub-sea installation and Operations. Capability to install offshore pipelines and sub-sea items (pipelines, flexible, umbilical, risers) including specific ancillaries in agreement and liaising with drafting department, lead methods and vessel operations.
- Engineering design activities. Knowledge of Discipline engineering design criteria, methods, and workflows from conceptual phase up to site engineering phase. Capability to define the technical documents set based on Project quantities and scope of work. Capability to perform and coordinate Project engineering documents production activities and to check and review design documents, prepared either internally or by Vendors.
- Engineering standard codes and regulation. Knowledge of main international Discipline standards, codes, and regulations. Capability to analyze dedicated Project requirements in terms of local standards and codes and to identify proper implementation actions. When required by the role, ability to manage the resolution of Engineering Non-Conformity (NCR) at site supporting Construction and / or Fabrication activities effectively interfacing project Team, Client and Vendor.
- Quantity estimation for engineering disciplines. Capability to define the Project general rules and guidelines for Discipline quantities estimation either on Bid Projects or on Projects in execution, according to corporate design standards, procedures, methods, and tools. Capability to control and ensure the correct application of the general rules and guidelines by all team members and all subcontractors involved in quantity definition activities.
- Engineering project documents management. Capability to analyze engineering documents (e.g., Instruction to Tender, Saipem and subcontractor documents, etc.) identifying improvement areas in terms of cost/time optimization.
- Engineering reporting techniques. Capability to monitor and control the engineering progress and schedule Contribute to Project reporting for the relevant engineering part.
- Engineering technical software tools. User level knowledge of Corporate and Operating Center Discipline technical design software tools. User level knowledge of Corporate and Operating Center IT tools supporting business processes such as electronic document system management, procurement, and office automation applications.
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
- Report to Offshore Method Lead
- Draw up a general engineering schedule as stipulated by the contract to be revised by the Project.
- Identify technical problems and make the necessary technical decisions within the limitations imposed by contractual Requirements.
- Draw up definitions and detailed specifications of tasks and sub-tasks or supervise their drafting by other resources if requested.
- Define the materials or services to be purchased for engineering tasks within the allocated resource budget, in conjunction with his direct responsible.
- Approve all the technical design necessary for the purchase and/or construction of products to be supplied to the Client.
- Participate to meetings to examine and, if necessary, audit the technical design, and take part in technical examinations with the Client. Cost and scheduling decisions which influence contractual obligations or other functions must be approved by the Project Engineer (if any) and communicated to the Engineering Manager and Project Manager
- Notify his direct responsible and the Project Manager of any problems occurring with any other engineering areas.
- Perform all the engineering verifications and calculations necessary for the methodology to be implemented.
- Supervise and verify the drafting describing the methodology to be implemented.
- Summarize and clarify in a manual all methodology activities, clearly identifying the showstoppers (if any). Transfer inside the manual all useful data derived by analyses performed by others.
- Ensure that the operation people on board of the vessel receive all useful data in form of reports, manuals, drawings.
- Follow up activities offshore or in any construction place deemed necessary by the project.
- All the above activities could be performed with different level of deepness for Project or Bid assistance performance.
- Participation to the offshore activities with the role of field engineer, when requested both in the yards and offshore during the vessel operation campaign.
- Be responsible to verify equipment and materials.
“Saipem and its subsidiaries recruit their #humanresources through specific procedures, selecting and #hiringcandidates, adopting criteria of merit, ability and professionalism in all #recruitment decisions and will never request payment of any kind. If you want to search #jobopportunities in Saipem. Please refer to the “careers” area of the Saipem website of the official Saipem LinkedIn page and be careful about any other kind of unofficial requests.”
Recruitment email: email@example.com
Should you have any question regarding the material, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thanking you in advance for your kind assistance.