Chemonics seeks a chief of party for an anticipated USAID-funded water and sanitation project in Indonesia. The project aims to improve water and sanitation services by implementing activities to mobilize demand, increase access for urban populations, and create an enabling environment for equitable services. Responsibilities include: lead the project’s technical direction and provide management oversight for project activities, supervise a multidisciplinary team, and serve as the institutional liaison between the project and Jakarta-based partners.
- Advanced degree in environmental or civil engineering, public health, business administration, governance, or related field
- Minimum 15 years of professional experience in water and sanitation, local governance capacity-building for water and sanitation services, and behavior-change promotion
- Proven leadership in administration of international donor support programs including strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting
- Ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners
- Ability to lead a multidisciplinary team
- Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written
- Knowledge of Indonesian water supply and sanitation issues preferred
- Experience in small and medium enterprise development and/or social marketing preferred
- Experience in municipal or utility finance and microfinance preferred
- Track record of effective liaison with Indonesian government officials and policy makers preferred
- Proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia preferred
Send electronic submissions to IUWASH@chemonics.com by November 4, 2009. No telephone inquiries, please.
Finalists will be contacted.