Wärtsilä is leading the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. We Wärtsilians help our customers unlock the value of energy transition by optimizing their energy systems and future-proofing their assets. Did you know Wärtsilä has delivered 73 GW of power plant capacity in 180 countries around the world, including 80 energy storage systems?
In this era of innovation and fast changing world of energy, we are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies with smart technology – together. Want to join the ride?
We are looking for a PROPOSAL MANAGER to join our Asia Pacific Energy Storage business development team.
Preferred Location: Singapore or Sydney, Australia
The ideal candidate will have an Electrical Engineering degree (or related field) and five (5) years utility scale ESS experience in energy storage and renewable energy markets.
As a PROPOSAL MANAGER, you will focus on these responsibilities:
- Manage a team of sales and proposal engineers in the Asia Pacific region(Including India & Australia)
- Subject matter expert for Energy Storage in Asia and Australia pacific regions including expertise in the engineering design of energy storage systems, construction management, sizing and cost estimation to support the ES&O Energy Storage System (ESS) solution sales and business development activities
- Support the Wartsila’s Sales and Business Development teams to help defining opportunity fit & potential, as well as on proposals and solutions to customers. Engage in key customers/accounts activities (RFP/RFI, contract reviews, technical solution support, etc.) within the area region, and support and maintain relationships relative to energy storage
- Work closely with internal product engineering (electrical, civil, mechanical, validation) team, product management team, procurement/sourcing team and project management team to support project development
- Secure from the customer’s technical staff the commitments needed to ensure contract deal’s close (commercial, technical, long term services agreements)
- Manage RFP/RFQ response process including determining bidding strategy, partner selection and working together with such partners to draft and submit winning responses and proposal document package
- Establish the EPC/EEQ project estimation process. Work with the Project Management team to develop an accurate construction schedule and cost estimate budget for the energy storage proposal
- Lead regional EPC strategy with the AREA team including establishment of EPC partner(s) or subcontractor relationship, develop best solution offer, identify cost reduction and efficient improvement initiatives
- Participate site visits, customer, EPC partner and vendor meetings when required
- Develop and document proposal sales processes and provide trainings to internal ES&O functional teams, sales and business development team to ensure transparency and support required
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- Minimum 5 years of utility scale ESS (technical and commercial) experience in energy storage and renewable energy markets, power systems engineering, or similar projects and products (such as bi-directional inverters, dc/dc converter, various battery chemistries, solar, wind turbines, flywheels, etc.), particularly in Australia or Asia Pacific region.
- BS/MS (preferred) in Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Strong understanding of utility generation project development process
- Strong written, oral and presentation skills. Must be a proven and competent English writer, able to create grammatically correct and properly structured English proposal documents and contents.
- Competent with ACAD or equivalent drafting tools and Capable of reading and drafting electrical drawings
- Understanding of CE, UL, IEEE, IEC and NEC standards as applicable to the local region.
- Knowledgeable in local utility systems and interconnection requirements for electric generators.
- Medium-voltage system design and construction background is desirable
- Passion for innovation, ability to adapt to fasting changing market demands, working independently and as a team member
- Willingness to take ownership and produce results
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and Solidworks
- Solid including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent teamwork skills (cross-functional teams), work ethic & organizational skills
- Ability to travel within Asia is required.
- Existing relationships with regional EPCs, Developers or IPPs are preferred
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced work environment
Qualified candidates are invited to apply