GE is a diversified global infrastructure, finance and media company that is built to meet essential world needs. From energy, water, transportation and health to access to money and information, GE serves customers in more than 100 countries and employs more than 300,000 people worldwide. For more information, visit the company’s Web site at www.ge.com.
GE Oil & Gas (www.ge.com/oilandgas) is a world leader in advanced technology equipment and services for all segments of the oil and gas industry, from drilling and production, LNG, pipelines and storage to industrial power generation, refining and petrochemicals.
We also provide pipeline integrity solutions, including inspection and data management. As part of our ‘Innovation Now’ customer focus and commitment, GE Oil & Gas leverages technological innovation from other GE businesses, such as aviation and healthcare, to continuously improve oil and gas industry performance and productivity. GE Oil & Gas employs more than 12,000 people worldwide and operates in over 70 countries.
Job Number: 1228285
Function: Services – Field Services
Business: GE Energy – Oil & Gas
Career Level: Entry-Level
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
The Entry Level Control Field Service Engineer will be trained in the management of site activities including planning, assigning manpower resources and tools, providing technical assistance to complete the work scope according to contractual requirements.
In particular, he/she will learn to:
- Supervise the installation, calibration and set up of instruments
- Supervise the loop check and the Commissioning and start-up phase performing the various running conditions
- Check the proper and safe operation of machines by evaluating the running parameters and troubleshoot system problems as they arise
- Provide external and internal timely and accurate professional reports
- Act as a point of contact between Customers and GE Oil & Gas Headquarter concerning technical issues and interface with all involved functions
- Use company e-tools to retrieve technical documents and management of packing list, bill of material and drawings
- Ensure all in-field activities are carried out safely complying with company environmental health & Safety (EHS) guidelines and procedures
- Electronics or Electrical Engineer Degree or Technical degree
- 0 to 2 years experience in technical role
- Ability to read Electrics and Piping schematics.
- Fluent English language
- Availability to frequent travel worldwide (on and off-shore)
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal & organizational skills
- Familiarity with common PC software tools
- Basic theoretical physical/thermodynamic fundamentals
- Good knowledge of electronics/electrics measurements
- Basic knowledge of industrial Instruments and actuators.
- Basic knowledge of electrics components on High and Low voltage