Talisman Energy Inc. is a large, independent upstream oil and gas company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Talisman has operations in Canada and its subsidiaries operate in the North Sea, Southeast Asia, Australia, North Africa, the United States and Trinidad and Tobago.
Talisman entered Indonesia in 1994 through the acquisition of Bow Valley Energy Inc, giving us interests in the Corridor Block and Ogan Komering JOB in South Sumatera, among other assets.
Through the 2005 acquisition of Paladin Resource, Talisman acquired interests in the offshore South East Sumatera Block, Offshore North West Java Block and Jambi Merang JOB in 2010.
Talisman was awarded the high potential deepwater Pasangkayu Block (in partnership with Marathon Oil as operator) in 2006, continued with the high potential deepwater Sageri Block in 2007 and Andaman III in 2009. Most recently, South Sageri, Sadang and South Mandar were the new awarded blocks in 2010.
From existing producing assets alone, Talisman is expected to achieve rapid growth in Indonesia in the next few years (from almost 50,000 boe per day in 2007 to over 80,000 boe perday in 2010).
Experienced and suitably qualified Indonesian Nationals seeking challenging employment are invited to apply for this position in Talisman (Asia)
Joint Venture Accountant
Reporting to the Accountant Supervisor, you will be principally responsible for:
- The monthly accounting for a producing property in which Talisman holds a non-operated working interest. The monthly duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring cash call is paid on time; review and approve all required documentation, submit to the head office to coordinate payment.
- Booking the monthly revenues and entitlement; Recognizing under/over lift position and preparing the monthly lifting accrual.
- Booking the monthly JIB, ensuring that AFEs are not overrun and preparing the monthly capital and operating expense accruals.
- Preparing corporate adjustments; DDA, Underlift, ARO, Impairment.
- Preparing tax installment payment, coordinate approvals and coordinate with head office for payment.
- Other duties relate to the oversight and monitoring of the activity for the asset and include:
- Attendance at TCM meetings for update from operator on budget and work program
- Validating AFE submissions from operator(s) and coordinating internal approvals and AFE set up into the accounting system
- Oversee the monthly JIB against the appropriate AFEs to ensure no budget overruns.
- Consolidate and report monthly capex YTD actuals, prepare monthly accrual and compile the capex reforecast for each financial cycle.
- Providing financial input to and review for the Talisman internal budget to ensure asset budget is in line with operator information and other corporate adjustments are properly in
- Complete the internal control process each quarter for review and sign-off.
- Manage the inter-company billing process.
- Prepare financial updates for the corporate board meetings held at least twice annually.
- Prepare the annual tax return calculation and submission.
The ideal candidate will have:
- University graduate with accounting qualification, preferably a Registered or Certified Accountant
- Minimum 6-8 years in accounting activities related to operated or non-operated PSC.
- Strong analytical skills, with experience with budgeting/reforecasting
- Good communication (both written and verbal).
- Proficient Excel skills.
- Experience with PSC accounting, specifically entitlement, lifting, over/under lift, taxation
- GAAP/IFRS accounting experience would be considered advantageous
Only the very best will be considered for this key position. Address your application quoting position title that you apply to: