Vacancy Notice No: WR/INO/09/12
Title: National Professional Officer (MH & TFI)
Contract type: Fixed-term
Duration of contract: Post of limited duration of two years
Deadline for application : 11 May 2009
Duty Station: JAKARTA Indonesia
Organization unit: Mental Health
WHO’s Representative Office, Jakarta, Indonesia
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME :
(1) To support the government in developing mental health policy and programme, including service delivery system in Indonesia; (2) To support the development of community psychiatry and mental health promotion programmes; (3) To support the development of policies and interventions for substance abuse and tobacco control, and (4) To support in implementing the obligations of WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control.
Description of duties:
Under the supervision of WR, Indonesia, broad guidance of Director, NMH/SEARO, the incumbent will carry out the following duties:
- Assist the Ministry of Health, the province and districts health offices in development of mental health policies and programmes.
- Assist all levels of government (central, province and district) to improve/establish mental health care system in Indonesia.
- Assist the Ministry of Health to improve/establish policy and strategies on substance abuse and its implementation.
- Assist the Ministry of Health to improve/establish policy and strategies on tobacco control and its implementation.
- Maintain and update websites information in the area of mental health and tobacco, and
- Build partnership with universities, centers of excellence, professional organizations and non-governmental organizations to improve mental health system and substance abuse programme.
Essential: University Degree in medicine/mental health/psychiatry.
Desirable: Post Graduate Degree or Specialization in psychiatry.
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
1) Understand psychiatry and mental health context;
2) Have a public health perspective;
3) Understand mental health system development;
4) Have a good continuous professional development ability;
5) Understand the complexity of tobacco issues and the potential towards developing public health actions to reduce tobacco consumption.
Good communication skills and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. Computer literacy in internet and email, data analysis, word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software.
1. Producing results;
2. Fostering integration and teamwork;
3. Ensuring the effective use of resources;
4. Communicating in a credible and effective way;
5. Knowing and managing yourself;
Essential: 1) At least two years’ experience in public health and/or mental health programmes.
Desirable: Experience in developing community mental health programme including substance abuse control and/or tobacco control.
Languages: Excellent in spoken and written English and Bahasa Indonesian languages.
Annual salary: As per UN scale for National Officer (NO-B) grade.
Please submit application in a closed envelope addressed to: Administrative Officer, World Health Organization, Bina Mulia 1, Jl. HR Rasuna Said, Jakarta 12950.
Application should be sent in the attached ‘Personal History Form’ in English and together with copies of necessary certificates of qualifications and experience.
At the top left of the application and envelope, please mention (Vacancy Notice No.WR/INO/09/12).
This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, we only accept applications from nationals of Indonesia. Please REFRAIN from applying if you are not a national of Indonesia.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted to appear for a written test and interview.
WHO does not cover any expenses related to participation in tests and/or interviews.