Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a United Nation agency which provides technical assistance in Indonesia. One of our projects since 2006 provides support for the control of Avian Influenza, in cooperation with national and regional Indonesian government livestock authorities. Project activities are conducted in various locations nationwide.
The position is under the general supervision of the FAO Representative of Indonesia, technical supervision of the Team Leader of the HPAI Control Programme, operational supervision of Administrative and Operations Officers; and direct supervision of Senior Procurement Assistant of the Programme. The position performs a lead role in the procurement/logistical areas of the project; facilitates procurement needs of FAO HPAI Control Programme and Programme’s sub-projects being implemented in the different areas of Indonesia.
Summary of key functions:
- Assists the Senior Procurement Assistant in taking the lead in the procurement of all vehicles, equipments and supplies needed by the project
- Prepares a shortlist of qualified suppliers/vendors and keeps contacts with them for purchases and deliveries
- Assists in the preparation of tax exempt letters to vendors when requested and prepares copies for FAOR and Project Management Unit (PMU) office;
- Assists and prepares necessary documentations to be used as attachment for tax exempt application for vehicles, motorcycles and other non-expendable and expendable field items for the Programme
- Assist in the preparation of contracts preferably warehouse storage space and vehicle rentals and other services in relation with project activities
- Assist in arranging insurance for consignments to field offices. Assist in administrative arrangements with Cabinet Secretariat and Immigration custom for purchase of goods/vehicles and clearance, extension of PMU officials and vehicle insurance
- Assist in making arrangements for shipment and receipt of office and project supplies and equipment for transfer to Project Office at Ministry of Agriculture (MOA).
- Assist in the preparation of Purchase Requisition (PR), Service Requisition (SR) and Local Purchase Order (LPO) in the absence of Senior Procurement Assistant;
- Takes a lead in following up with vendors regarding deliveries of supplies and equipment requisitioned and its payment for pick up.
- Assist in maintaining and updating records of non-expendable equipment (ADM41) on a monthly basis for submission to FAO HQ;
- Performs other related duties as required.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the success of FAO/ GOI Avian Influenza Control Programme implementation in Indonesia.
- Demonstrates commitment to FAO vision, mission and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Contributes effectively to team work and team outcomes;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and work under pressure of tight and conflicting deadlines;
- Ability to work without direct supervision;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal and public relation skills;
Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field
- At least two (2) years progressive experience in the procurement processes
- Have experience in working with international organization, especially in the project
- Have computer skills including familiarity with MS Office particularly Word, Excel, and internet would be a plus
- Good organizational skills and record keeping
- Ability to work with individuals fro different cultural/national backgrounds; good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and a good command of writing and speaking English
All applications should be addressed to
Operations Support Unit
Office of the FAO Representative in
11th Floor Menara Thamrin Building
Jl. M. H. Thamrin Kav 3 Jakarta 10250
Email address: FAO-ID@fao.org
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a one-page cover letter and updated curriculum vitae (CV in English) together with complete contact details of three professional references.
Application Deadline: 08 May 2009