• Experienced Administer to Manage Unix Servers (Solaris, HP UX, AIX, Linux)
• Knowledge in Networking
• Assist in other jobs like server backup, disaster recovery preparation, escalation of hardware problems, testing new software/hardware, monitoring, reporting etc
• Minimum 1 year in Unix System Administration
Requirements, Capacity Management such as:
• System monitoring and tuning
• Frequent checks on resource usage
• Collection of data to study trends of usage and record peak usage of resources
• Review to define threshold and recommendations for improvement based on monitoring and statistics
• Ensuring that the computer host systems run efficiently by using the available performance analysis tools, and doing quarterly system performance tuning;
System Availability Management such as
• Producing and maintaining system operating procedures for computer log, performance records, accounting system, protective procedures and use of operating system facilities;
• Advising customer in relation to existing IT strategy and assisting in evaluating proposals involving new software packages, features or products;
• Implementing allocations and schedules of resources for quotas, limits, protection and queue management
• Server capacity management e.g. tracking and monitoring the utilization of system resources (e.g. CPU time and disk quota);
Configuration Management such as
• Ensuring that the system and network changes are made according to the established change control procedure
• Maintain proper records of all configurations and update all changes, ensuring that changes adhere to change procedure
Anti-Virus and Patch Management such as
• Implement and maintain updated anti-virus signatures and software on a periodic basis as approved by Customer
• Implement and maintain patches for O/S, S/W on a monthly basis with Customer’s approval.
• For critical patch and anti-virus updates, Engineer will update the anti-virus signatures or O/S or S/W patches within 24 hours upon Customer’s approval.
• Patches done for the month will be reflected in the Monthly Report.
• Applicants should be Singaporean citizens or hold relevant residence status.
Kindly send your word document resume to firstname.lastname@example.org