GAS PRODUCTION CONTROLLER
ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent upstream energy company, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, the company had operations in almost 30 countries and approximately 16,700 employees as of May 1, 2012, with 2011 average production of 1.62 million BOE per day and proved reserves of 8.4 billion BOE as of Dec. 31, 2011.
BASIC PURPOSES / RESPONSIBILITIES
As member of a multi-discipline team, the Production Controller provides day to day management of the gas export pipeline system, including WNTS, Duyong and Belanak export system, ensuring safe gas delivery operation, gas nominations are met and the fields are produced optimally, balancing the needs of maintenance, well operations, projects and customers.
NATURE & SCOPE
The Production Controller:
- Gas Export Pipeline system, including WNTS, Duyong and Belanak Export line.
- Is part of multi-discipline team responsible for the management, engineering support, supply assurance, measurement, production control, commercial and gas accounting processes
- Is a key member of the team, providing a critical link between operations and commercial aspects of the business.
- Working on rotational basis of 7 days work 7 days off, two shifts daily from 7a.m to 7p.m. A work premium to compensate the rotational shift is applied.
The Production Controller:
- Will form part of a multi-discipline team acting on behalf of the Indonesian state oil and gas company (BPMIGAS), the West Natuna Group of Production Sharing Contractors (PSCs), and Block B PSC in the delivery of hydrocarbon gas to Singapore and Malaysia.
- Acts on behalf of Sellers Representative, Pipeline Operator, WNG Supply Group Representative, and Block B PSC to co-ordinate and verifies gas nominations from customers, operate and control Singapore ORF and Duyong ORF.
- The duty controller ensures buyers and producers are kept up to date with their gas supply position within the day, and notify them of any production upsets likely to cause under delivery.
- Function advises the WNTS management and WNG production teams on issues relating to production, short term production planning and contract performance.
- Accountable to monitor integrity of total pipeline system.
- Accountable to coordinate communication between suppliers and Jakarta management, point of contact with Pipeline Protection vessel, any field activities related to pipeline integrity management.
- Minimal Education Bachelor Degree, preferably major in mechanical, process or control system.
- Strong commitment, demonstration, and hands-on involvement in Health, Safety, and Environment.
- Self starter with less requiring close supervision. Ability to initiate ideas and implement.
- Well developed inter-personal skills
- Well developed knowledge of the gas contracts (WNG, Duyong and any future gas contracts) and its ancillary documents.
- Strong ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing in English
- Possess distinguished critical thinking skills, to be able to quickly identify system problems and respond to them safely.
- Strong computer skills and experience, especially in data management and processing.
- Understand and experience in DCS, hydraulic management, or transactional software systems.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and possess above average leadership and analytical skills, people skills and the ability to participate in a team with cultural and technical diversity
– Additional Information: Only Indonesian citizen will be considered.
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your Signature on or before the requisition closing date of February 13th, 2013. To know further details about our company, visit www.conocophillips.com. To apply for jobs in ConocoPhillips Indonesia, visit www.jobsdb.com.
ConocoPhillips is an equal opportunity employer