Hivos intends to appoint a Communications Officer (Indonesian national) to assist the Hivos Southeast Asia Regional Office in Jakarta in promoting its works and programmes by designing, developing communications materials, include planning the outreach.
The communications officer will report to the Director of the Regional Office. The communications officer’s position is a temporary position for a maximum period of one year. The position will be part-time (two or three days per week depending on further discussions with short-listed candidates).
- To develop communications assessment at the Hivos Regional Office and as a result develop communications objectives and plan
- To develop strategic outreach for the communications materials
- When necessary, stimulate Hivos’ sectors to publish Hivos’ works
- To lead in developing creative ways to publish and or document Hivos’ works (e.g. through photos/ art/ pictures, etc)
- When necessary, to write reports and prepare documentation that is accessible (in English; support translation into Bahasa Indonesia and vice versa)
- To share and explore best/ good practices within the Regional Office share it with other regional offices/ Head Office
- To respond and maintain regular contact with the Hivos Head Office, especially the Communication Office.
- To support communications program needs by Hivos Regional Office sector/ program (i.e. develop training modules more communicative; develop regular communications with partners and partners’ works)
- To contribute towards developing an effective team and friendly environment
Qualifications, the communications officer should have:
- Excellent spoken and written English and Indonesia; and specific skills in writing communications materials
- University Degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, Public Relations; or equivalent professional work experience in the communication area combined with university degree in a related field.
- 3 years of experience in the communications field; preferably experience with international donor agencies
- Have a strong knowledge on office software (word processor, spreadsheet, presentation) and preferably have knowledge on software related to communications – interactive digital media.
- A person who is able to work in a team, adaptable, flexible and have result oriented approach.
Knowledge of and experience in working with Indonesian civil society organisations or an international funding agency will be a distinct advantage.
Candidates are expected to have affinity to Hivos core values.
A competency test will be part of the selection procedure.
The function is Jakarta-based, but may include limited travel within Indonesia (max. 2-3 trips per year). The contract will be for a period of one year for two or three days per week (negotiable).
Remuneration is competitive with what is offered by most other INGOs based in Indonesia. The net salary will depend on qualifications and experience. The secondary benefits include a 13th month (THR) and health insurance.
Applicants should send a CV and cover letter explaining your qualifications and motivation to: Hivos Southeast Asia Regional Office, attn. Recruitment Officer, by email to email@example.com with reference code ‘vacComOf’. Applications without a proper cover letter will not be considered. Applications should include the names of at least three references. Applications are requested by February 20 2009; thereafter positions will remain open until filled.