Talisman Energy Inc. is a large, independent upstream oil and gas company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Talisman has operations in Canada and its subsidiaries operate in the North Sea, Southeast Asia, Australia, North Africa, the United States and Trinidad and Tobago.
Talisman entered Indonesia in 1994 through the acquisition of Bow Valley Energy Inc, giving us interests in the Corridor Block and Ogan Komering JOB in South Sumatera, among other assets.
Through the 2005 acquisition of Paladin Resource, Talisman acquired interests in the offshore South East Sumatera Block, Offshore North West Java Block and Jambi Merang JOB in 2010.
Talisman was awarded the high potential deepwater Pasangkayu Block (in partnership with Marathon Oil as operator) in 2006, continued with the high potential deepwater Sageri Block in 2007 and Andaman III in 2009. Most recently, South Sageri, Sadang and South Mandar were the new awarded blocks in 2010.
From existing producing assets alone, Talisman is expected to achieve rapid growth in Indonesia in the next few years (from almost 50,000 boe per day in 2007 to over 80,000 boe perday in 2010).
Experienced and suitably qualified Indonesian Nationals seeking challenging employment are invited to apply for this position
Position Title: Chief Accountant
Location: JOB Pertamina – Talisman (Ogan Komering) Ltd.
Jakarta – Indonesia
Reports to : Finance Manager
Reporting to the Finance Manager, JOB Pertamina – Talisman (Ogan Komering) Ltd., you will be responsible for:
- Supervising key daily financial functions including Revenue and entitlement calculation, accounts payable and cash management, account receivable, insurance, joint venture accounting, cost accounting, taxes and budgetary controls.
- Supervising accounting processes including the preparation of the monthly financial package ensuring compliance with Joint Operating Agreement, PSC accounting standards, and head office accounting policies, BPMIGAS reporting and budget/reforecast preparation.
- Ensuring adequate control over variance actual vs budget and provide comprehensive analysis and explanation of the variances.
- Closely monitoring the issuance of the new AFE and closed out the existing AFE for the job has been completed.
- Monitor and evaluate forecasting and work to improve the reforecast/budget process.
- Developing and monitoring sound financial and internal control procedures to safeguard assets and records of the company.
- Developing accounting processes and procedures to comply with BPMIGAS requirements, Joint Operating Agreement requirements, head office policies and to ensure efficient financial reporting.
- Overseeing the financial accounting system software with a view to identifying areas for continuous improvement and automation.
- Participating on the tender committee and commercial issue related to oil and gas sales.
- Coordinate the audit process and liaise with internal, external, partner and government auditors.
- Developing good working relationships with professionals such as bankers, auditors or statutory organizations (BP MIGAS, MIGAS, Tax office).
- Updating the firm regarding changes in legislation or regulations that may affect the business operation.
- Preparing materials for OPCOM, BP MIGAS, and other internal presentations as required.
- Deputize for the Finance Manager in her absence.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor s degree in Accounting or Business Administration or an internationally recognised professional accounting qualification.
- Minimum ten (10) years extensive international oil and gas accounting and administrative experience covering exploration, development and production operations.
- Strong Indonesian PSC knowledge including but not limited to PSC accounting and Revenue Entitlement calculation and BP MIGAS regulation/requirement.
- Proven leadership, decision making and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solver.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skill especially an advance skill in Microsoft Excel application (macro, pivot, vlookup, etc).
- Ability to mentor and train staff.
Only the very best will be considered for this key position. Address your application quoting position title that you apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org