F5 Networks is a successful NASDAQ-listed international organization.
F5 Networks is the global leader in Application Delivery Networking, providing solutions that make applications secure, fast and available. Over 16,000 organizations and service providers worldwide trust F5 to keep their applications running.
We are now seeking a dynamic and driven individual to join us.
Technical Support Engineer (Firepass)
The Technical Support Engineer provides remote technical assistance on F5 products to internal and external customers and F5 partners. Support Engineers’ handle multiple active cases of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors, and provide daily customer communication via phone and email. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise. Work hours are scheduled shifts corresponding to forecasted customer activity. Support Engineers’ exhibit strong competence; utilizing a number of troubleshooting tools, facilities and equipment in the course of providing resolutions to cases. Support Engineers’ provide good communication to our customers, and accept ownership of issues until a resolution is delivered, providing high customer satisfaction.
- Provide Level 2 technical support to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues on F5 devices
- Proactively and effectively communicate status, plan-of-action, and resolution of issues
- Provide F5 customers and partners with a consistently high-quality support experience
- Participate in on-going training with F5 products and related technologies
- Maintain high schedule adherence (work hours and on-phone time)
- Effectively manage case escalations to tier 3 (Engineering Services) while maintaining customer communication
- Manage multiple cases and prioritizes based upon customer and business needs
- Follow standards-based processes defined in F5’s Quality Management System (QMS)
- Perform additional projects as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Hands on technical experience with and very knowledgeable on LAN/WAN operations, Network protocols, UNIX or Linux Operating systems, and/or networking hardware required.
- Knowledge of protocols such as HTTP, SSL & various authentication technology
- Strong ability on analyzing network layer & application layer traffic dump
- Proficient with Windows OS
- Knowledge of DNS protocol/BIND
- Able to work with moderate supervision
- Proven track record in a team environment
- Experience with Clarify preferred
- Analytical thinker with strong attention to detail
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently, including technical concepts and terminology. Multiple language skills a plus.
- Must be able to relay technical information to customers with varying skill levels
- Candidate must possess minimum 3-4 years’ experience in a technical support role, working with relevant technologies
- Support experience with corporate customers in production environments preferred
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience preferred
Some of the Employee Benefits Include:
- Health Coverage
- Employee Stock Purchasing Plan
- Life Insurance
- 5 day work week
- Casual Workplace
- Cool People
The successful new member should be a team player with initiative, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Interested applicants please indicate which position you are applying for, current and expected salary; and do send your resume in Word format to: