Shell China Exploration & Production Company Limited
Job ID: A21112
Location: Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Shell China aspires to be the leading international energy company meeting the energy requirements and contributing to the economic prosperity of China and our customers in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. Currently, we are one of the largest multi-national companies in China. In addition, we are the top international oil company of lubricants manufacturer and marketer, LNG supplier, coal gasification technologies and bitumen supplier in China.
Shell products, services and our commitment to sustainable development are well regarded in China. We received a number of external awards in 2009, including awards for our high-quality products, good management and our social contribution, such as: Asia 200 – Multinational Award (Asia Wall Street Journal), Greener China Business Award (Business Week), Company of Best HR Management in China, Top 10 Environmentally Responsible Companies China Award and China Green Benchmark Company.
- Evaluate unconventional play concepts from basin to play level within a given acreage.
- Primarily provide seismic interpretation input to the evaluation block, including tying block seismic interpretation to basin-scale seismo-stratigraphic framework.
- Provide exploration/appraisal seismic interpretation input during planning and execution of appraisal and pilot wells.
- Provide Geophysics interface with Quantitative Seismic Interpretation Team.
- Participate in new seismic acquisition and (re)-processing programs.
- Provide seismic interpretation support for evaluation of shallow drilling hazard (and geotechnical) investigation.
- Ensure quality assurance of seismic interpretation activities.
- Provide integrated interpretation results for further field modeling activities, appraisal planning and drilling proposals.
- Sharing responsibility for safe and accurate exploration/appraisal drilling prognoses and operational drilling efficiency.
- Presenting results and recommendations to management and stakeholders as required.
- M.Sc./Ph.D in Geology and/or Geophysics
- Have regional exploration geologist experience, preferably with 3 to5years of unconventional gas project experience within the EP industry.
- Demonstrable experience in 2/3D seismic interpretation, preferably in varied structural and stratigraphic settings
- Some experience in the exploitation of unconventional gas would be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of structural geology, petrophysics, reservoir geology and exploration principles
- Demonstrated ability to work with and synthesize vast and diverse geophysical and geological data sets.
- Knowledgeable in depth conversion, structural framework building, fault seal analysis and seismic attributes analysis.
- Good understanding of sequence-seismo stratigraphy and knowledgeable of local structural geology.
- Good working knowledge of geophysics, seismic processing techniques, and pre-stack depth migration (PSDM).
- Awareness of the risks and technical issues associated with sub-surface and surface development opportunities.
- Able to converse in both Mandarin and English.
Application Deadline: Thursday 17 June 2010