We are currently looking for a creative and talented individual with a passion for technology to drive reliability and qualification of hardware products to meet and exceed our consumers’ durability expectations. The candidate’s primary responsibility will be development and implementation of methodologies and techniques to enhance product reliability. The candidate will be required to analyze and verify engineering design concepts of electro and opto-mechanical products using simulation and test tools. He/she will be expected to propose design improvement based on analyses results.
The Senior Supplier Quality Engineer is a key position in supplier quality engineering organization. The primary task is to manage all aspects of Tier two supplier quality activities. The ideal candidate will have a solid technical background in one of following components: Hard Disk Drive, Printed Circuit Board, DC motor/gears assembly, DC fan, heat-sink, Cables/Connectors/Switches, Microphone, Power Supply Unit, Semiconductor devices, Wi-Fi module, Memory module, LCD, Optical lens assembly, Packaging /Printing/Toys, Battery Cells/Pack, Metal/Plastic fabrication, and Surface Finishing.
This position will be based in Shenzhen, China.
Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer Microsoft Corporation
China – Shenzhen
Strong supplier quality management with in-depth knowledge on modern quality techniques such as six sigma and statistical quality control methodology. The lead supplier quality engineer must possess strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills. A demonstrated ability to drive and deliver innovative, effective and timely solutions is important.
- Participate in design review and give recommendation to development team
- Develop all necessary SQE documents include but not limited to, supplier process qualification plan, supplier quality requirement and expectation, develop/drive Component Quality and Reliability Requirement, Component Critical To Quality/Function, Out of Box Audit plan and Ongoing Reliability Test plan
- Perform periodic supplier audit and risk assessment
- Enhance and improve supplier quality awareness
- Participate in supplier qualification; component qualification includes manufacturing/test process verification
- Approve supplier manufacturing/test/inspection plans and procedures
- Track and review periodic supplier quality/yield data and drive continuous improvement
- Supplier quality scorecard
- Implement WIP and failure tracking process at supplier sites
- Work closely with tier one supplier to sustain and improve component quality by implementing on-going monitoring test and conducting FA to drive corrective and preventive action
- Correlate and standardize test and inspection process across Contract Manufacturers, Sub-Tier
- Suppliers and Repair & Refurbishment
- Apply six sigma to drive quality and process improvement
- Define and automate supplier data collection and reporting
- Drive failure analysis and corrective actions
- Develop supplier capability and manage supplier relationship
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Advanced degree (MS and/or MBA) preferred
- 10+ years working experience in supplier quality, component manufacturing process and/or engineering
- Subject Matter Expert to component design or manufacturing process
- Strong understanding of statistical control, failure rate and reliability prediction
- Excellent English verbal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Must be a team player
In addition to effective management skills, the successful candidate will need to have the following attributes:
- Cross-Boundary Collaboration
- Impact and Influence
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Analytical Problem Solving
- Customer-Focused Innovation
- Passion for Quality
- Project Management
- Strategic Insight
- Team Leadership
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
Submit Resumes To:email@example.com
Your resume must include employment dates, full contact information (email/phone #), and be written in English.