FROM THE AMERICAN PEOPLE
U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)/Office of Environment based in Jakarta is recruiting Indonesian Nationals for the position of PROGRAM SPECIALIST (ENERGY) (Post Code: ENV). Salary starts from Rp.21.800.431 per month depending on qualifications, experience and salary history.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION: ‘The Specialist is the resident Mission expert on clean energy and energy related climate change, and is the principal advisor on energy sector issues and serves as manager for energy sector-related activities at the national and local levels. As a Manager for energy sector activities, the incumbent provides technical leadership and oversees both personnel and financial resources ensuring that objectives and results are achieved. The incumbent will substantively contribute to the development and implementation of the Mission’s Environmental Strategy. The incumbent will establish and maintain senior level relations with government, private and NG0 sector representatives. The incumbent coordinates and collaborates with a wide range of partners, including high level Government of Indonesia (GOI) and local universities as well as officials of both bilateral and multilateral donor agencies.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: At a minimum, applicant must have the following:
- Completion of Master’s or higher degree in and energy, climate change, or economic related discipline such as energy economics, energy management, engineering economics, or other fields with understanding of energy and economic policies, investment, pricing, and environment issues, and programs development. Fen years of increasing responsibility and experience May be substituted for education.
- Ten years of work experience of relevant and practical development experience in such fields as energy policy, energy finance, renewable energy development, demand-side management, climate change mitigation, transport, and other major (if 16 emitting sectors, and institutional development is required. At least two years of supervisory work experience in planning, developing and managing energy, climate change and infrastructure related projects in Indonesia funded by multilateral or bilateral donor organizations is preferred.
- Level IV (Fluent) in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
SELECTION CRITERIA: In addition to the above criteria relating to education, experience, and language proficiency, the following criteria will also be used to evaluate applicants:
- Demonstrated knowledge of broader energy sector issues in Indonesia, including drivers and determinants of energy demand and supply from an economic perspective and regulatory, financial, and institutional considerations.
- Demonstrated sound understanding of the economic, environmental and development dimensions of climate change and energy use in Indonesia.
- Ability to work effectively with senior government officials, representatives of international agencies, and the private sector.
- Demonstrated teamwork and project management skills, and experience working with multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to work flexibly on a range of assignment and adjust to and prioritize a variety of complex and evolving tasks, and possessing a strong analytical and strategic thinking skill.
- Have good presentation and interpersonal skills to articulate and represent USAID’s activities and directions in conferences and workshops, dynamically participate in networks, and interact effectively with USAID management, staff, and counterparts in other institutions.
- Have intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office and LAN environment.
Only short listed candidates will be notified for test and interview.
Send letter of application, complete resume in English and supporting documents (in Microsoft Word document format) & please put the post code: ENV on the subject of your email to: email@example.com or fax to: 021-3860336. No later than April 14, 2010.
USAID Website: http://indonesia.usaid.gov