Job title: Electrical Engineer
Req ID: 10754BR
The Electrical Engineer will play a key role in identifying reliability improvement opportunities, lead electrical projects, review electrical design for multidiscipline capital and expense projects, and provide technical support in completing repairs to electrical equipment and power distribution systems.
This role includes power systems analysis and design, transmission and distribution equipment, explosion prevention and detection, electrically operated motors and other equipment, and protection systems.
- Provides leadership for electrical engineering activities across the asset.
- Provides daily technical support to instrument and electrical technicians.
- Assists in the planning and execution of turnaround electrical activities.
- Provides technical input in determining priority and scope of equipment repairs.
- Leads root cause failure investigations for electrical equipment related incidents.
- Analyzes equipment monitoring data and develop the appropriate response to reliability issues.
- Reviews engineering packages technical content.
- Identifies and develops reliability projects for refinery electrical systems.
- Provides guidance to design engineering and construction contractors.
Essential criteria & qualifications
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
Desirable criteria & qualifications:
- Working experience in the Oil and Gas or Petrochemical industry is desirable.
Closing date: 25 April 2010