Training of Trainers (ToT) Consultant – for IFC Agribusiness FTC Coffee Project in Indonesia
The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, fosters sustainable economic growth in developing countries by financing private sector investment, mobilizing private capital in local and international financial markets, and providing advisory services to businesses and governments. IFC’s vision is to assist poor people to escape poverty and improve their lives through the development of the private sector.
IFC in Indonesia combines Investment and Advisory Services to expand access to finance, improve access to infrastructure, strengthen commodity based value chains, and improve the business climate, while incorporating the thread of climate change across all programs.
In Indonesia, IFC and its partner have commenced a project in North Sumatra to establish “Farmer Training Centre (FTC)” with purpose to encourage farmers to apply sustainable agricultural practices and to improve the quality and the yield of their production in order to increase their income. IFC now is seeking to engage Training of Trainers (ToT) Consulting Firms and Individual Consultant (Short-Term Contract) to support the project.
Individual Consultant for Smallholder Farmer Business Management (code: SFBM)
- Provide training material and conduct training on extension techniques and tools
- Provide standard operating procedures (SOP) on establishing demo plots, farmer meeting, farmer field day, performance award for coffee farmer, and farmer exchange visits. This SOP need to include gender issues.
- Coach and facilitate the extension workers on how to run farmer workshops, focus group discussion, making extension plan and calendar of activities.
- Demonstrated experience and capacity in Training of Trainers (ToT)
- Substantial experience in extension techniques and tools
- Having experience in farm input product promotion is preferred
- Previous coffee supply chain related experience in Indonesia, prefer North Sumatra and/or Aceh
Employment Type: Short-Term Contract (approximately 20 effective days)
Please submit your expression of interest including a company profile with a list of past relevant projects for consulting firm applicants and CV for individual applicants with relevant code stated in the subject line to: email@example.com by May 8, 2009
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. No telephone calls, faxes or letters will be accepted