About the job Financial Analyst
Ensure complete and accurate month/quarter/year end closing and reporting for Mubadala Petroleum entities and compliance of Mubadala’s accounting policies and IFRS/MFRS (inclusive calculation of of depreciation, provisions, abandonment cess, and leases), compliance to vendor master data management process, inter-company billing, supporting team lead in managing ICoFR framework.KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Finance – Monthly close process
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly journals to support the monthly (including Quarters & Annual) close process
- Work closely with other departments (e.g. Projects/Development ) in preparing accruals or monthly close journals
- Support the Senior Financial Accountant (SFA) in ensuring all accounts in G/L are being analyzed, commented and sign-off on monthly/quarterly basis
Support the SFA in ensuring all assets, liabilities, expenses and revenues are captured in accordance with IFRS/MFRS, Group and Company’s Accounting Policies and related statutory and legal requirements
Monthly reports (internal and external)
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly reports for both internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to monthly management reports,
- Analyze , monitor and prepare monthly variance analyze comparing actual results against approved budgets and forecast;
- Prepare quarterly Latest Estimates (“LEs”) for Projects;
- Monitor and prepare the monthly capitalization of projects related expenditures to ensure compliance to Group and Company accounting policies and the International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”).
Governance and Internal Control Framework
- Adhere to all relevant Mubadala Petroleum’s policies, processes, standard operating procedures, delegation of authority and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Support the SFA in ensuring the SOPs are being updated on regular basis by working closely with business owners or other members of finance team
- Support the SFA in ensuring all controls in each major financial processes are being documented in control registers
Managing intercompany receivables and payables.
- Ensure timely and complete billing of intercompany charges to all Mubadala entities
- Ensure charges from other inter-companies to SK320 is within allocated budget and trigger appropriate budget request approval.
- Provide monthly intercompany billing burnrate and analysis by working closely with Budget Team and SFA for budgeting and tax purposes.
Support Updates on Financial Processes and Control Registers in relation to ADAA and ICoFR
- Support team lead in managing ICoFR framework, Entity Level Controls and Financial Processes Control Registers
- Support testing of design and operational effectiveness of controls for financial sub-processes
Vendor Master Data Creation and Update
- Ensure vendor master data creation is complete, valid and with respective supporting documents.
- Ensure accuracy of update in system and Vendor Master creation/maintenance being approved per DOA.
- Focal point for external financial audit and internal Audit. In ensuring information and answers to queries are being obtained and provided to auditors as per agreed KPI, meetings between auditors, process, and control owners are being scheduled ahead and compiling feedbacks on any audit findings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Accounting. Professional qualification or experience in SOX/ICoFR Framework will be added advantage.
- 3-5 years of experience in Accounting/Audit Role
Attention to details, teamwork. Ability to handle full sets of accounts or relevant experience in oil and gas sector or those with professional qualification(s) will be an added advantage.