Client IT Architect (BHP Biliton)
BHP Biliton Integrated Account is looking for a Client IT Architect. CITA will be part of the global technical team supporting BHP Billiton (Integrated Account) – reporting to IBM Technology Director/CTA.
This role is client facing technical solution sales, to bring IBM Technology, Solution and Industry expertise to drive innovation at the client interface – through personal technical credibility and influence
The Client IT Architect is also the Technical Project Leader for IBM solution sales on major customer IT and business initiatives – working with in-country/IMT SWITAs & System Architects, plus Global Services Enterprise & Delivery Architects. . He/she provides proactive technical counsel to IBM client & brand sales leaders on solution capabilities, requirements, value-proposition and trends.
He/she provides thought leadership to client architects/management to differentiate IBM from our competitors and advise them on enterprise-wide technical direction, strategy and architecture, and develops long term strategic technical relationships that maximise IBM’s opportunities and revenues – – with focus on the (globally distributed) CSG/Mining Groups.
CITA is a member of the core IBM ‘Design Authority’ – assisting with development of an e2e enterprise architecture and deployment/enforcement via ‘Technical & Delivery Assessments (TDAs)’.
This is a global role and candidate will require considerable flexibility in working hours – in dealing with sales, techsales and service delivery colleagues in different time zones.
We are looking for a Band 10, senior certified (IT Architect/Specialist) – with proven track record of applying IBM technology for business benefit. (Band 9, senior certified candidates will be considered) . The candidate must have
- Proven track record as an Enterprise Architect, with in-depth knowledge of IBM SWG technology. Experience of working with customers with global SAP deployments preferred, but not mandatory.
- Experienced technical leader, capable of preparing IBM Technology PoVs and leading local technical teams in delivering RFP/RFI responses
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with excellent grasp of English (verbal & written)
- Team player, with proven collaboration skills and international experience of working with dispersed, multicultural teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years experience in Hands-on Enterprise Architect
- At least 5 years experience in IBM SWG Technology, value proposition and competitive positions
- At least 5 years experience in being a Technical Project Leader for IBM solution sales
- Certified in IBM senior certified IT Architect/Specialist
- English: Fluent
Working location: Singapore preferred, but UK/Netherlands or Australia are options for the right candidate. Will require international travel when supporting the globally distributed CSG/Mining Groups, who operate in all five continents.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.