One of the largest global providers, Weatherford helps build innovative mechanical solutions, technology applications, and services for drilling and production in all sectors of the oil and gas industry. Weatherford operates in over 100 countries and employs more than 60,000 people worldwide.
Produce well plans for directional drilling. Interface with directional personnel and customers. Compile and maintain information for proposals and end of well recaps for customers.
- Calculate customer information to form well plans that can be used to complete a CAD drawing
- Plot and prepare CAD drawings to deliver to customers and to rig locations
- Receive surveys from directional drillers in the field and enter them into the computer along with well information to produce daily reports and compile end of well recaps to present to customers
- Maintain office and field computers
- Attend pre-planning meetings with customers
- Assist in interfacing with customers
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford
- Perform various other duties assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job
- Other duties as directed
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Petroleum Engineering or Geology
- Minimum 5 years in the Oil field industry, minimum 3 years’ experience as Well Planner
- Familiar with software compass especially for hydraulic, torque and drag and design well plotting
- Additional knowledge for other software is advantage
- College experience in technical drawing application
- Proficient verbal and written skills
- Ability to work closely with customers and fellow employees
- Multi-tasking ability
- Willingness to learn knowledge of Directional Drilling practices
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Flexible and adaptable to a changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal English and Bahasa communication skills
- Available on 24 hours call basis to respond to customer needs.
We offer career growth in an exciting, challenging and rewarding professional environment both in the position advertised and beyond.
Please send your updated CV with Position Title as your Email Subject to:
Only candidates that meet the above qualification will be shortlisted.