Santos is an Australian-based oil and gas exploration and production company with high quality assets and projects throughout Australia and the Asia–Pacific region. In support of our growing Indonesian business we are currently seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following positions:
Senior Lawyer (Code: SL)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly capable Senior Lawyer to work in the Legal Team in Santos Jakarta Office. As a Senior Lawyer in Santos Indonesia, you will be reporting to Legal Manager, and will be based in Jakarta. Major responsibility of your role will be to provide legal advice to Santos Indonesian Business Unit as required.
Your key accountabilities including:
- Provide legal advice related to commercial matters, procurement contract matters.
- Provide legal opinion on any agreements and contracts for Development, Drilling, EHS, IT, Security, External Relations and HR&GA Departments.
- Coach other team members and key users for improving legal knowledge, procurement procedure and standard, and contract amendments.
- Provide inputs, review and roll-out for any projects or new improvements related to legal documents initiated from Santos Corporate.
- Establish good relationship with key stakeholders (SKK Migas, MIGAS, Santos Corporate and appointed external lawyers) in order to ensure compliance with government law and regulation and corporate regulations, as well as effectively solve any disputes and minimize business risks.
Experience & Attributes:
- S1 (Bachelor Degree) in Business Law with minimum 5-7 years of experience in Oil and Gas, preferably S2 (Master Degree) in Business Law.
- Having Advocate License from Course in Advocate (Pendidikan Khusus Profesi Advokat).
Santos provides a market competitive remuneration strategy and employee benefits, and also offers excellent professional development opportunities.
If you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 31 December 2013 and note the title of the role you are applying for.
Candidates will be evaluated based on assessment of their skills, knowledge, experience and relevant qualifications in accordance with the requirements of the role. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.