UNDP Indonesia’s mission is to be an agent for change in the human and social development of Indonesia. We aim to be a bridge between Indonesia and all donors as well as a trusted partner to all stakeholders. We work in four key areas of development: Governance Reforms, Pro-Poor Policy Reforms, Conflict Prevention and Recovery, and Environment Management, with the overarching aim of reducing poverty in Indonesia. Besides the four priority areas, UNDP Indonesia is also engaged in a variety of crosscutting initiatives focused on HIV/AIDS, gender equality, and information and technology for development.
The Multi-Donor Programme – Support to Indonesia’s Democratic Elections (Elections MDP) project is a 3-year technical assistance initiative that seeks to enhance and further consolidate the institutional and professional capacities of the KPU, the Panwaslu, its Secretariat and its regional offices to meet the numerous priorities that are faced both in the immediate and longer-term. It also seeks to enhance the quality of participation of voters in Indonesia’s elections, by increasing the awareness of voters on the importance of democratic processes that will serve as a foundation for post-election engagement with elected public officials. This support also seeks to facilitate the Government of Indonesia in coordinating international support to elections in Indonesia, with the aim of achieving a harmonized donor programme in line with the principles contained in the Paris Declaration of Aid Effectiveness.
The Elections MDP project office has been established with above 30 personnel to facilitate implementation of the planned project activities. The Project Secretary is based at the project office. Under the guidance and supervision of the Administrative Associate of the Elections MDP project, the Project Secretary provides support to administrative services ensuring high quality of work, ensures accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery. The Project Secretary promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach. The Project Secretary works in close collaboration with the projects staff to ensure consistent service delivery.
PROJECT SECRETARY – ELECTIONS MDP
Summary of Key Functions:
- Providing English to Indonesian languages and vice versa for all outgoing correspondence of the CTA and Project Manager of Elections MDP
- Assisting the offices of the CTA and Project Manager in basic preparation of the draft sector managers’ and quarterly donor reports
- Providing administrative and logistical support to the CTA and the Project Manager
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- To be a team player in terms of assisting project staff on various English-Indonesian translation of reports and documents, as necessary
- At least the holder of Bachelor’s degree level;
- Thorough knowledge of English and Indonesian
- At least 5 years of practical experience in preparation of documents and corresponding in working using English as the main or second language
- Proven experience in writing and good drafting skills;
- Excellent facilitation, writing and listening skills and an ability to be sensitive to the context and stakeholders’ needs;
- Ability to analyse and summarise complex situations both verbally and in writing;
- Familiarity and conceptual understanding of electoral issues;
- Experience in working and collaborating with international organizations a significant asset;
- Previous or current experiences in working with governance or elections-related programmes or projects are a definite plus.
Application deadline: 6-July-2009