Project Implementation Officer (Water Sector)
Asian Development Bank
FIGHTING POVERTY IN ASIA AND THE PACIFIC
The ADB-Indonesia Resident Mission (IRM) was established to assist its Headquarters in the implementation of projects and programs, in project processing, country programming, and economic and sector work. It also coordinates ADB’s activities with other resident diplomatic and donor missions, NGOs, academic institutions, local think tanks sector and other members of the civil society.
Description of Responsibilities
To assist primarily in developing and expanding ADB’s operations in the water sector covering major infrastructure, and resource management in the areas of water supply/sanitation, integrated water resource management and irrigation, with inputs to other sectors as required. In particular, the tasks will focus on medium-term planning, strategy development, sector diagnostics, project development and preparation, due diligence and project administration.
For more details about the position, visit www.adb.org/Employment/LocaI/default.asp
The position reports to Head, Water Team – IRM.
Specific criteria include
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned at the required level
- Bachelor’s degree in the fields of engineering, management, economics or related fields of expertise; master’s degree an advantage
- At least 5 years relevant experience in project management, research, procurement; related experience in international agencies will be an advantage
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Good computer skills covering word processing and spreadsheets, and preferably with knowledge of data management and graphics software
- Good interpersonal skills in multicultural team environment
- Familiarity with local institutions
The Asian Development Bank’s vision is a region free of poverty. Established in 1966 and headquartered in Manila, Philippines, ADB’s multicultural staffs come from over 50 member countries. The advertised position is a local staff position with a local remuneration package. It is open only to persons who are nationals and residents of Indonesia. The position is for a 3-year fixed term appointment. ADB offers a competitive salary and benefits package applicable to local staff. While the position advertised is for Indonesia Resident Mission, ADB staff may be required to serve in any location outside the Resident Mission at the discretion of Management.
Send application quoting Ref. No. EXT-NO-09-002- IRM by 30 August 2009 to:
Indonesia Resident Mission Asian Development Bank Gedung BRI II, 7th Floor
JI, Jend Sudirman Kay. 44-46 Jakarta 10210, Indonesia
P.O. Box 99, JKPSA, Jakarta 10350A, Indonesia Fax +62 21251-2749
Gender and cultural diversity is a core recruitment value and women are actively encouraged to apply.
Due to the volume of applications, ADB will not be able to respond to inquiries about application status and will only contact short listed candidates. Applications lacking the job reference number and job title or using the wrong e-mail address will not be considered.