PROGRAMME ASSISTANT (PA) FOR WASTE MANAGEMENT (NATIONAL)
Location Sinabang (Simeulue District), INDONESIA
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Associate (PAsc) in Meulaboh, the Programme Assistant (PA) is responsible for providing support to ensure the efficient and proper management of UNDP’s Tsunami Recovery Waste Management Programme (TRWMP) activities in respect to programme planning, needs assessment, implementation, monitoring and reporting.
The Programme Assistant of the TRWMP provide support and assistance to the Waste Management Programme Coordinator / Advisor / Officer in ensuring project outputs, outcome and targets are delivered satisfactorily. He/she is also required to liaise with operations, programme and other project staff as and when required.
1. Supports the formulation of Programme Strategies and Action Plan focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assist with collaborative activities with partners to identifying priority areas of work.
2. Provides effective support to the management of the Field Office/CO programme focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Efficient and proper management of UNDP’s Tsunami Recovery Waste Management Programme (TRWMP) activities in respect to programme planning, needs assessment, implementation, monitoring and reporting.
- Support and assist Waste Management Programme Associate in ensuring project outputs and targets are delivered satisfactorily.
- Develop productive working relationship with government within the context of the TRWMP.
- To liaise and work with Non-Governmental Organisation (NGOs) and other project partner.
- Make necessary arrangements for provision of technical assistance to implementing partners and contractors.
- To prepare report on activities supported by the programme, including programme undertaken by implementing partner.
3. Provides administrative support to the Programme Unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Conduct daily monitoring for TRWMP activities and ensure for any projects expenditures done by government implementing partners and contractors.
- Prepare all documents related and submit request for payments to UNDP Jakarta.
- Monitor budgets for the TRWMP and advices supervisor of any critical variations in the budget.
4. Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the Field Office particularly for programs’ implementing partners focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Liaise and work with Government & Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and other project partners.
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/ projects staff.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
III. Impact of Results
- The key results have an impact on the execution of the TRWMP programme activities in terms of quality and accuracy of work completed which implemented by TRWMP government implementing partners and contractors. Accurate data entry of the programme implementation based on targeted work plan and Key Performance Indicator and Monitoring & Evalution work plan; and particularly in enhancing transparency and capacity of TRWMP implementing partners.
- Through close assistance, Programme Assistant will also enhance government capacity in managing and supervising Sanitation activities within districts level.
- Programme Assistant with Duty Station in Simeulue will be covering Simeulue district or depend on programmes’ need.
- Minimum of Diploma 3 (D3) or equivalent in Engineering, Environmental or Scientific discipline;
- Minimum 2 (Two) years of relevant engineering experience is required at the national or international level.
- Knowledge with the area work of Simeulue island is an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Auto Cad etc).
- Experience with public International Organization, and particularly with UN agencies or UNDP, particularly on environmental activities and/or development would be a considerable advantage
- Experience in assisting and coordinating projects with government.
- Experiences in working with community.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station
ALL APPLICANT MUST COMPLETE P11 FORM AND SUBMIT AS PART OF THEIR APPLICATION
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
UNDP Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Indonesia at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements
Application Deadline: 22-Jun-09