Talisman Energy Inc. is a global, diversified, upstream oil and gas company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Talisman’s three main operating areas are North America, the North Sea and Southeast Asia.
Talisman’s current Indonesian activities include exploration and production, in both on-shore and off-shore environments. Talisman has been active in Indonesia since 1994 and has steadily grown its asset portfolio over the past 18 years. Production has grown rapidly in the recent past and is expected to exceed 80,000 boe/d within the next two years. In addition, the Company is exploring in the North and South Sumatra basins. Talisman aspires to continue to grow its presence in Indonesia through acquisitions and successful exploration.
Experienced and suitably qualified candidates seeking challenging employment are invited to apply for the following position in Indonesia
Job Title: Planning Analyst
Employment Type: Permanent – National
The Joint Ventures and Planning department manages Talisman’s non-Operated assets (notably Corridor, Tangguh, ONWJ, SES and TGI pipeline), along with being responsible for all the internal planning activities (Annual Plan, Reforecast, economic analysis etc). In addition, the department looks after Business Development opportunities, i.e. initiating and evaluating BD opportunities in Indonesia.
This role is mainly focused on the planning branch of the department, but will involve close coordination with Join Venture (JV) and Business Development (BD). Work will largely be centered on building and maintaining economics models, both for commercial evaluations, and in connection with the ongoing reforecast/planning exercise.
The candidate would likely be designated a selection of assets to manage, and would become the focal point for all aspects of that asset’s value. This means participating in partner (operator) meetings to gather data, synthesizing that information into existing models, fully understanding operating and capital variances, trends, and impact on asset value.
In addition, the individual will participate in the annual reserves cash flow process, impairment testing, performance reporting, and supporting investment proposals.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
- A good Bachelor degree in economics, commerce, management or similar discipline
- A minimum of 5 years experience in an upstream oil and gas company.
- Experience in conducting economic evaluations and familiarity with oil and gas economic software (PEEP, GEM, Palantir, etc).
- Strong excel skill (specifically the ability to build PSC economic models from scratch)
- Prior experience in a financial or accounting role will be an asset
- Excellent communication skill, able to summarize large amount of information concisely. Power point & presenting skills will be an asset
- Excellent team work, able to work easily with wide range of functions.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process. Candidates who wish to apply for the role can apply at http://www.talisman-energy.com/careers/ or email the CV to email@example.com