Talisman Energy Inc. is a global, diversified, upstream oil and gas company, headquartered in Canada. Talismans three main operating areas are North America, the North Sea and Southeast Asia. The Company also has a portfolio of international exploration opportunities. Talisman is committed to conducting business safely, in a socially and environmentally responsible manner, and is included in the Dow Jones Sustainability (North America) Index. Talisman is listed on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges under the symbol TLM. Please visit our website at www.talismanenergy.com.
Title: Finance Manager
Req Id: 14281
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Employment Type: Expatriate
Closing Date: November 16, 2012
The Finance Manager is a member of the Senior Management Team, contributing to the oversight of the Indonesian business. Manages finance function including daily operational accounting, JV accounting support, JV audit, Tax and partner relationships. Supports business of the company, plan and coordinate all finance activities, maintain good internal control systems and procedures, review budget and internal/ external reporting. Responsible for all personnel matters including the professional development of the Finance and IT personnel. Provide coaching and guidance to IT Coordinator and ensure all IT systems are fit for purpose.
- Responsible for the supervision and direction of Finance Department of the Indonesia office. Provide leadership and oversight to the IT function, in coordination with the Regional IT Manager, based in Kuala Lumpur. Ensure Indonesia Finance and IT organization structure is fit for purpose and adequately resourced.
- Ensure the efficient operation of Indonesia Finance function with respect to all Finance matters including and not limited to daily operational accounting, JV accounting, JV audit, Tax, internal and external reporting, budget and reforecast.
- Ensure all records and files are up-to-date, accurate, and meet corporate and government requirements. Prepare all necessary budgets, financials, reports, and cost analysis as required.
- Oversight of the payroll function and coordination with HR on all payroll matters.
- Formulate and implement short and long term plans relating to the Companys operations in Indonesia. Coordinate with Planning for reforecast and 5 year plan process. Lead the annual G&A budget process for the Indonesia office.
- Function as part of Senior Management Team in developing and maintaining short and long term plans regarding the companys operations in Indonesia. Provide Finance input and oversight on new ventures, business development transactions and other non-routine matters. Provide assistance and guidance for general office operations in Indonesia.
- Build and maintain close partnering relationship with representatives of Pertamina, BP MIGAS, MIGAS, BPKP, Business Partners, others PSCs, with respect to Finance matters and regulatory compliance. Stay abreast of all local regulatory and tax developments which impact Talisman. Ensure appropriate corporate functions are engaged to determine Talismans course of action.
- Develops, reviews, recommends and coordinates the implementation of Financial & Accounting Policies, Tax, Treasury & Insurance Policies, and Systems & Procedures in support of the Companys interest under the PSC Contracts and related agreements and in compliance with Corporate standards.
- Country leadership responsibility for Information Systems and Office Services. Coordinates regularly with Regional IT Manager. Ensures all IT systems are operational and fit for purpose to support theIndonesian business.
- Provide Finance leadership and guidance to the JOB secondees. Handle all JOB Finance personnel matters in consultation with Country Manager
- Bachelor Degree in Business and Administration, preferably with a major in Finance
- Qualified Accountant
- Significant experience gained in finance and administration within the Oil & Gas industry
- Ability to foster relationships at all levels and disciplines within the organization and the gravitas to work with and discuss complex issues with senior management
- Prior management experience evidencing team development & mentoring
- Self-motivation & willingness to use initiative; leadership skills
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process. Could I please have the following job posted until November 16, 2012. Candidate who wish to apply for the role can apply at http://www.talisman-energy.com/careers/