Santos, an acronym for South Australia Northern Territory Oil Search, is an Australian-based oil and gas exploration and production company with high quality assets and projects throughout Australia and the Asia–Pacific Region. Santos is committed to provide a work environment where people enjoy what they do and are motivated to achieve, while supporting the diverse needs of the individual. In Santos, people s skills and ideas are the fundamental to the company s ability to prosper and grow. Within the growing Indonesian business, we are seeking a position:
You will provide expert advice that ensures implementation of programs in an optimal manner, applying comprehensive knowledge of drilling, coring, cased and open hole logging, testing and well completion and abandonment processes, and of new and leading edge technology pertaining to these processes.
Only the very best will be considered for the position, applicants must possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Minimum Bachelor s Degree in Geology with 7+years experience as Operation Geologist in both conventional (sandstone, carbonate oil and gas) and unconventional (CBM) are a must
- Have experience and apply knowledge of drill rig components – both onshore and offshore, operation and functions and of lease lay-outs; the circulating system, rotary system, drilling fluids, casing and cementing.
- Explain the dynamic of wellbore drilling
- Identify and outline rig safety issues and policies. Advise on drilling hazards and drilling bit optimisation
- Evaluate offset data before the drilling start
- Analyze, evaluate and describe formations while drilling, using cuttings, gas, FEMWD and others
- Compare data gathered during drilling with predictions
- Advise operations personnel on-site and office
- Explain mud logging unit functions and procedures. Supervise mud logging, FEMWD and wire line services, personnel and monitoring quality control in relation to these services
- Describe coring, open and cased hole logging and well testing requirements and procedures
- Demonstrate up-to-date knowledge of laboratory techniques for the analysis of core, sidewall core, cuttings and fluid samples, including special core analysis
- Describe well completion and abandonment procedures and processes
- Apply knowledge of new and leading edge drilling, formation evaluation and data capture technology
- Trouble shoot when problems arise
- Outline processes/procedures for the archival of soft and hard data obtained from well site operations and database administration. Keep detailed records, writing reports, completing daily, weekly and post-well reporting logs, and sending these to appropriate departments
- Prepare, assess and manage work contracts
- Administer contracts, initiate tendering processes and advise on contract details, ensuring product quality, efficiency and cost optimization
- Liaise with Service Company for logging, coring, testing etc. and also with Government authorities.
General Requirements: Excellent communication skill, team player, hard worker, result oriented, self motivated, high initiative and strong adaptability
Santos provides a structured framework for managing a culture of sustainable performance and accountability, market competitive remuneration strategy and employee benefits, also offers excellent professional development opportunities.
If you are interested in the above role, please submit your application to: email@example.com (please mention the position on the email subject)
All applicants will go through interviews and be selected based on assessment of their skills, knowledge, experience and relevant qualifications in accordance with the requirement in the position description.
Start Date: August 2011