Duties and Responsibilities
Substantive Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the UNFPA Representative and direct supervision of the National Programme Officer (NPO) on Humanitarian, the Programme Officer on Data for Humanitarian Programme is responsible for the following:
- Provide necessary policy, procedural and operational guidelines on data issue in emergency preparedness and response for the humanitarian unit, taking into account the global guideline on Data Issues in Humanitarian Crisis Situation;
- Contribute to the development of data component of the projects/programmes in preparedness and response phase;
- Provide technical inputs on data component to emergency preparedness plans/contingency plan for UNFPA, and keep abreast of UNFPA policy and documents relating to data in emergency situation;
- Provide technical assistance on regular basis to National Disaster Management Board (BNPB) and BPS on the data issue for humanitarian programme;
- Support for data management for UN Joint Strategic Programme (UN-JSP) secretariat: provide technical assistance of management of data and information for humanitarian programme;
- Prepare proposals for resource mobilization.
- Coordinate UNFPA assistance with other partners and counterparts at the national and if necessary, at provincial and field levels and missions from outside Indonesia country office (Humanitarian Response Branch, PD Branch, Technical Division, APRO etc.);
- Participate, in consultation with NPO humanitarian and UNFPA Representative, in UN system-wide activities within the Resident Coordinator System and UN OCHA and other UN agencies for data specific component;
- Lead the data working group under the UN Technical Working Group (TWG) on disaster management;
- Liaise and coordinate with BNPB and BPS and other potential partners on regular basis;
- Actively involve and contribute for development of annual humanitarian programme report, project progress report, donor report and other ad-hoc reports as needed;
- Respond to other emergencies if/when these arise, by providing guidance and assistance on specific PD component during the acute phase, early recovery and rehabilitation and reconstruction phase;
- Coordinate and support the PD unit for regular programme implementation as necessary when there is no emergency response;
- Perform other relevant tasks assigned by UNFPA Representative.
- Manage the overall implementation of data component of the humanitarian programme;
- Monitor and report on the status and progress of data component of humanitarian programme activities on monthly basis using the monthly workplan and financial report for identifying bottlenecks and ensuring necessary actions are made in a timely manner to remedy the problem.
- Advocacy/advancing a policy-oriented agenda
- Results-based programme development and management
- Innovation and marketing of new approaches
- Job knowledge/technical expertise
- Integrity/Commitment to mandate
- Knowledge sharing/Continuous learning
- Valuing diversity
- Working in teams
- Communicating information and ideas
- Conflict and self management
Working with people
- Empowerment t/Developing people/Performance management
Personal Leadership and Effectiveness
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Results orientation/Commitment to excellence
- Appropriate and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
- A solid academic background at a graduate level (Bachelor’s degree) preferably in statistics or other related social sciences.
- Have sound knowledge and skill on data issue particularly for data in crisis situation with 5 years relevant working experiences
- Have knowledge and skill on web based data and information system
- Have sound knowledge and skill on data management including related system such as MS Access, etc
- Strong management, advocacy and coordination skill
- Ready to be deployed with short notice during emergency situation
- Ability to work in under pressure and with limited facilities during emergency situation
- Working knowledge of the UN system will be an advantage
- Fluency in oral and written English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Proficiency in current office software applications.
Closing date: 14-Jun-11