Walmart global Procurement
Purpose: Transform Walmart’s Global Sourcing Capability
Walmart Global Procurement was established in 2002 to facilitate direct purchasing of merchandise for all Walmart retail operations. Headquartered in Shenzhen, China, our organization develops and maintains a fully-integrated supply chain that delivers products to our retail locations across the globe. We offer candidates the opportunity to be part of the world’s largest supply chain, with one of the most diverse product mixes in the industry.
Due to our rapid growth, we currently have exciting opportunities for people with exceptional drive and enthusiasm to build a rewarding career with us:
MERCHANDISE QUALITY ENGINEER (Outdoor Furniture)
He/she is responsible for ensuring that merchandise complies with the safety and quality requirements and continuously improving and simplifying the QA processes used. He/she should manage a defined group of products, suppliers & factories so as to meet commitment to sell only safe, legal products which meet customers’ expectations.
- Diploma holder or above, with minimum 5 years experience in outdoor furniture product lines or industry or merchandising, preferably with a major U.S. retailer
- Knowledge of suppliers and factories
- Understanding of product specifications, components and construction
- Good negotiation skills in working with suppliers on product and price
- Proficient PC skills including MS Word, Excel and Power Point
Good command of spoken and written English is required
You may apply by sending your detailed resume (indicating the job title in the subject title) stating current & expected salaries to email@example.com
Closing date for submission is 15 August 2009. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified