EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT CONOCOPHILLIPS
ConocoPhillips is the world s largest independent upstream energy company, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. In Indonesia, ConocoPhillips has been operating for more than 40 years and continues to grow and play a role as one of Indonesia s leading partner in meeting increasing energy demands by exploring new reserves as well as maximizing the value of existing core areas. We are searching for highly motivated, top-performing individuals who are seeking for the opportunity to develop, learn and grow with a dynamic and global company for the following position.
- Provide legal support for Upstream Exploration & Production activities of the Indonesia business unit.
- Provide legal advice for a variety of upstream oil and gas matters, including those related to regulatory issues, human resources, environmental, commercial, operation, project and procurement related issues.
- Prepare and negotiate legal and commercial agreements, including those related to acquisitions and divestitures, onshore and offshore major construction projects, drilling, field production and other operations, transportation and gas sales.
- Provide legal advice relating to any potential or existing litigation proceedings and, when necessary, manage outside legal services for local or International arbitration as well as other significant dispute resolution procedures.
- Provide legal advice on issues relating to ethics and compliance including the relevant US, UK and local laws impacting the Business Unit such as anti corruption, anti boycott and export control including to provide advice and guidance to any matters related to ethical misconduct.
- Report to the VP Legal, Jakarta Legal Department.
- Thorough working knowledge of the purpose of and legal issues arising in connection with agreements and other arrangements commonly used in the upstream oil & gas business, including exploration and production sharing contacts, licenses, concessions, joint operating agreements, other common joint venture agreements, major offshore or onshore constructions contracts, drilling contracts, services agreements, oil and gas processing and transportation agreements, gas sales agreements and other transactional documents. Petroleum industry procurement (PTK 007) certified is a plus.
- In addition to superior knowledge on laws and regulations relating to upstream oil and gas operation, candidate must be well versed on issues relating to the local anti corruption laws and regulations including excellent understanding on the US FCPA as well as UK Bribery Act.
- Superior negotiation, presentation, collaboration and diplomacy skills with mature judgment and discretion.
- Ability to manage and prioritize assignments which may be broad in scope and complexity and which involve
- collaborative work with a team of highly experienced upstream international lawyers, as well as employees in different departments and/or with varying degrees of seniority.
- Indonesian national who is fluent in written and spoken English.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to effectively manage and communicate with internal business clients and with external resources such as outside counsel and other collaborators.
- Ability to manage priorities and make timely informed decisions after weighting competing objectives, working independently without extensive supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply COP policies, procedures, operations and industry practices.
- A team player with strong individual initiative, discipline and commitment to superior performance and continuous improvement.
- Law degree from a leading Indonesian law school. An LLM graduate is a plus.
- 5-10 years minimum experience as a legal advisor. Experiences working in upstream oil and gas business is a plus.
Your resume will be strictly treated as confidential and only suitable candidate will be contacted for further processing.
Please send your application letter and resume to:
E-mail to: RSCIndonesiaRecruitment@conocophillips.com