The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, fosters sustainable economic growth in developing countries by financing private sector investment, mobilizing private capital in local and international financial markets, and providing advisory services to businesses and governments. IFC’s vision is to assist poor people to escape poverty and improve their lives through the development of the private sector. IFC in Indonesia combines Investment and Advisory Services to expand access to finance, improve access to infrastructure, strengthen commodity based value chains, and improve the business climate, while incorporating the thread of climate change across all programs.
IFC Office in Jakarta now is seeking to recruit: International Banker
The successful candidate will:
- Work with the local banker consultant to develop WHR training modules for potential warehouse receipt users (processors, traders, exporters).
- Work with the local banker consultant to develop bank-training modules to support WHR-backed lending by international and local banks.
- Deliver training to the potential warehouse receipt users, as well as to bankers.
- Work with the local banker consultant to develop standard operating procedures for WHR execution that may be used by banks.
- Provide advice to banks about their WHR business on a one-on-one basis, as necessary/demanded.
- Minimum 10 (ten) years working experience at international commercial bank, including at least 5 (five) years at a management level.
- Significant working experience in development and implementation of WHR credit schemes.
- International experience as banker and consultant in use of WHRs.
- Experience as a trainer is preferable.
- Demonstrated ability to write training modules.
- Possesses broad network in banking industry.
- Good written and oral presentation in English (and in Indonesian, if possible).
An estimated 30 days is allocated for the contracted consultant, in the timeline of the contract will be starting on May 11th, 2009 to the end of September, 2009. Application should be sent electronically by April 30th, 2009 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality. No telephone calls, faxes or mail will be accepted. Please note that ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted.