Title: Finance and Administration Assistant
Department/Division: India Resident Mission
1. JOB PURPOSE:
To perform full range of, and to coordinate specific financial and administrative requirements, including standard clerical activities as may be directed by supervisor.
2. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
- Administrative/Personnel Function
- Assists in ensuring that work area’s logistical requirements such as room/office space, office equipment, furniture, security and inventory of property, office supplies, etc. are met.
- Assists in personnel administration function by planning and processing staff benefits, facilitating recruitment of local staff, handling overtime, leave, attendance, etc.
- Handles procurement of goods and services, and disposal of unserviceable office property.
- Maintains liaison with the government agencies to facilitate and follow up on request for tax exemption, issuance and renewal of clearance, permits, etc.
- Assists in coordination with local hotels for the best rates and services and provide related documentation to HQ travel divisions.
- Maintains and updates relevant databases and records for finance/administrative/personnel functions of the office.
- Coordinates with local UN Agencies for providing security related documents and information.
- Additionally provides efficient secretarial services to the Finance and Administrative group by screening incoming calls, maintaining supervisors’ schedule, arranging appointments, meeting, travel and accommodation as specified in accordance with ADB procedures. Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Finance/Accounting Function
- Reviews, verifies and validates the accuracy and propriety of supporting documentation from internal and external claims, payments within the defined Bank procedures and guidelines; processes transactions through preparation of appropriate vouchers.
- Coordinates and monitors budget requirements by consolidating and verifying information obtained from various sources; ensures timely monitoring of budget utilization; maintains relevant statistical data for preparation of work status reports and budget purposes.
- Assists in preparing and reviewing Mission Authorization Requests (MARs) and Mission Authorization Business Travel Requests (MA-BTRs), and Requests for Reimbursement of Business Travel (RRBT) for RM staff.
- Assists in preparing of supporting documentation from internal and external claims, payments and various other accounting transactions with closely defined ADB procedures and guidelines; processes transactions through preparation of appropriate disbursement or journal vouchers or other relevant payment documentation.
- Assists in maintaining appropriate administrative and financial controls related to the assigned tasks and assists in preparation/consolidation of monthly financial statement.
3. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in commerce, business administration or related field.
4. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level.
- At least 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience in a private or public organization prior to joining ADB.
- Good computer skills with sound knowledge of common word-processing, spreadsheets and graphics software used in ADB.
- Proven ability to undertake background research and analysis on difficult but well-defined tasks, collect and organize required data and information.
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds; good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, and maintain composure under pressure.
5. CORE COMPETENCIES:
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Can perform the job independently
- Recognizes and corrects things that are wrong
- Can answer all routine queries and questions
- Sees colleagues and other departments as clients as well as external contacts
- Speaks and acts with respect towards clients
- Makes changes to help clients when their needs change
- Manages time to ensure work is completed to deadlines and targets
- Prioritizes to ensure important deadlines are met
- Manages obstacles to getting work done
- Regularly assists others in their work
- Has supportive and cooperative relationships with other colleagues in the team
- Complements the work of other team members
Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Learns new things and keeps knowledge and skills up to date
- Volunteers for training and development
- Explains new methods of work to colleagues and voluntarily shares useful information
6. IMMEDIATE REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS:
Head, Finance and Administration Group
7. IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS:
The Asian Development Bank’s vision is a region free of poverty. Established in 1966 and headquartered in Manila, Philippines, ADB’s multicultural staff come from over 50 member countries. The advertised position is a local staff position with a local remuneration package. It is open only to persons who are nationals and residents of India. The position is for a 3-year fixed term appointment. ADB offers a competitive salary and benefits package applicable to local staff. While the position advertised is for the India Resident Mission (INRM), ADB staff must be prepared to serve in any location outside the Resident Mission at the discretion of Management.
Interested applicants should quote Ref. No. EXT-AS-10-012-INRM and job title and submit their completed electronic application form and curriculum vitae not later than 26 August 2010 to:
ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK – INDIA RESIDENT MISSION
4 San Martin Marg
Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, 110 021
P.O. Box 5331, Chanakyapuri HPO
Fax: +91 11 26870955
An electronic application form is available at http://www.adb.org/Employment/PHF-ADB-Application-RM.xls
Applications lacking the job reference number and job title or using the wrong e-mail address will not be considered.