FROM THE AMERICAN PEOPLE
U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)/Office of Democratic and Governance (DG) based in Jakarta is recruiting an Indonesian National for the position of ELECTORAL AND POLITICAL PROCESSES SPECIALIST (Post Code: DG). Salary starts from Rp.20,279.510 per month depending on qualifications, experience and salary history.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
The incumbent serves as the resident USAID Mission expert and advisor on electoral processes and political party development issues. The incumbent will also maintain close communications and contacts with senior-level GOI government officials, parliamentarians, political party representatives, other donors and civil society representative as part of the performance of is, her responsibilities.
At a minimum, applicant must have the following:
- Masters degree in a relevant field, such as political science, sociology, international relations, international development, or community development.
- Eight years progressively responsible is required. Minimum of lour years experience in planning, developing and managing donor funded democracy programs; one year in a development environment in one or more of the following specific disciplines: election administration or political party development. Prior experience with writing and designing statements of work for donor-funded democracy programs preferred. Demonstrated prior experience effectively managing more than one activity at a time and developing strong, working relationships are required.
- Level IV (Fluent) English and Bahasa Indonesia ability.
In addition to the above criteria relating to education, experience and language proficiency, the following criteria will also be used to evaluate applicants:
- Thorough technical knowledge and experienced with the following: election administration (particularly with KPU, political parties, DPR, and preferably with civil society.
- Excellent communication, inter-personal, and organizational, skills and the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to use a variety of software including MS Word, Excel and, Power Point.
Only short listed candidates will be notified for test and interview.
Send letter of application, complete resume in English and supporting documents (in Microsoft Word document format) & please put the post code on the subject of your email to: Jkthrd@Usaid.gov or fax to: 021-3860336
No later than September 11, 2009