Education Development Center, Inc, an NGO-managed education program operating in seven provinces in Indonesia seeks qualified candidates based in Jakarta Office for the following vacant position:
DISTANCE EDUCATION PROGRAM MANAGER
The Distance Education Manager is responsible for:
- Overseeing the planning and effective implementation of DE pilots and activities planned and implemented by DBE 2, under the leadership of the DBE 2 Chief of Party and supervision of the DBE 2 OU/IA, he/she will work together with the ICT Training Manager and other technical specialists both in Jakarta and provinces, the CRC Grants Manager, partner universities and national and local stakeholders.
- Assist with the design of the DE pilot programs basing them on the results and recommendations of the DE study, and integrating them with relevant, DBE 2 best practices including the ICT-based best practices.
- A minimum of 8 years experience working in distance education development
- Strong management skills and leadership ability.
- Show strong initiative in launching activities, solving problems, and effectively
- Coordinating activities among multiple teams with competing priorities.
- Advanced degree in education, distance education or relevant subject
- Strong experience working with Indonesian education system, universities, Indonesia central and provincial government structures
- Proven ability to effectively manage complex projects, communicate among various stakeholders
Other Skills for all position above:
- Excellent written and spoken English language ability, in addition to fluency in Bahasa Indonesia
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects or international development activities strongly preferred
- Highly organized and work well under pressure.
- Have good interpersonal skills and value working in a collaborative environment.
- Self motivated, ability to take initiative
Send a CV and cover letter to our email address: DBE21ndonesia@edc.org
Please keep attachments small. All applications due before 29 June 2009
Only short listed candidates will be interviewed
The recruitment process regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, disability and religious beliefs