Talisman Energy Inc. is a large, independent upstream oil and gas company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Talisman has operations in Canada and its subsidiaries operate in the North Sea, Southeast Asia, Australia, North Africa, the United States and Trinidad and Tobago.
Talisman entered Indonesia in 1994 through the acquisition of Bow Valley Energy Inc, giving us interests in the Corridor Block and Ogan Komering JOB in South Sumatera, among other assets. Through the 2005 acquisition of Paladin Resource, Talisman acquired interests in the offshore South East Sumatera Block, Offshore North West Java Block and Jambi Merang JOB in 2010.
Talisman was awarded the high potential deepwater Pasangkayu Block (in partnership with Marathon Oil as operator) in 2006, continued with the high potential deepwater Sageri Block in 2007 and Andaman III in 2009. Most recently, South Sageri, Sadang and South Mandar were the new awarded blocks in 2010.
From existing producing assets alone, Talisman is expected to achieve rapid growth in Indonesia in the next few years (from almost 50,000 boe per day in 2007 to over 80,000 boe perday in 2010).
Experienced and suitably qualified Indonesian Nationals seeking challenging employment are invited to apply for this position.
Reporting to the Exploration Manager, you will be principally responsible to:
Monitor of EOR project result, make recommendation for improvement, and coordinate reservoir engineering activities and geologist. Make a recommendation and evaluate prospects for exploratory and development wells. This position will also need to deal and interact with related function for consolidation of operational matters in JOB working environment.
This position will coordinate and supervise:
- Evaluation of geological modeling.
- Determination of coordinates for prospect of exploratory/development wells.
- Work Program and Budget together with its AFE approval.
- Appropriate progress of reservoir interpretation and description to be used in reservoir study and reservoir simulation study.
- Field test program, cooperate with EOR Specialist and field technician.
- Geological activity at well location and other wells which are need critical or specific data.
- Preparation of annual report of reservoir reserves to submitted to Operating Committees.
- Comprehensive of well data filing system, including log analysis and mineralogical data.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor Degree (S1) of geology or geology engineering, with at least 12 (twelve) years experience in petroleum geology specifically in reservoir, and capable in comprehensive geological computer application.
- Supervisory experience and strong leadership skills showing by a demonstrated ability to mentor and train staff.
Only the very best will be considered for this key position. Address your application quoting position title that you apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org