One of the largest global providers, Weatherford helps build innovative mechanical solutions, technology applications, and services for drilling and production in all sectors of the oil and gas industry. Weatherford operates in over 100 countries and employs more than 60,000 people worldwide.
JAM Technician – Tubular Running Services (TRS)
- To assist senior JAM techs and service techs to set up and safely operate, tubing/casing tongs, power units, casing and tubing handling equipment as per company SOP.
- Independently set up and safely operate the JAM system as well as understand torque turn and torque time theory. Be capable of using Tubular Data Handbook to determine proper optimum torque for a given threaded connection as per company SOP.
- Independently and /or to assist senior technician to operate bucking unit during pre-assemble operation, as per company SOP.
- Independently and /or to assist senior technician to operate NMJ tongs, as per company SOP.
- Report to the base while onshore and after any scheduled days off to assist in the workshop duties as required by the Operations Supervisor/Base Manager. These duties may include further training in equipment operations, equipment maintenance and repair and/or general cleanup duties.
- Independently and/or to assist senior technician to perform routine cleaning and packing of JAM equipment as per company MIR.
- Independently and/or to assist senior technician to perform routine calibration and troubleshooting maintenance on JAM as per QA manual (KSB) and per company MIR.
- Independently perform routine maintenance procedures in NMJ tongs and micro-grip handling equipment and per company MIR.
- Assist in training new JAM Hand personnel in operation and maintenance procedures of power equipment and JAM systems.
- Assist in jointly calling on customers with a senior technician to discuss a Job Report.
- It is the responsibility of the Jam tech to oversee the personnel development to assets in advancement to next level with the competence development team.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years experiences working with in Tubular Running Service or related product lines
- Preferred experience with Electronic Equipment / Mechanical / Hydraulic
- Having computer skill for JAM Technician.
- Preferred degree diploma
- Positive work attitude
- Willingness to learn and take on responsibilities
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
We offer career growth in an exciting, challenging and rewarding professional environment both in the position advertised and beyond.
Please send your updated CV with Position Title as your Email Subject to:
Only candidates that meet the above qualification will be shortlisted.