Santos is an Australian-based oil and gas exploration and production company with high quality assets and projects throughout Australia and the Asia–Pacific region. In support of our growing Indonesian business we are currently seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following position:
Senior Exploration Geologist – 2 positions (Code: SEGL)
Exciting opportunities have arisen for two highly capable senior geologists to work in the Exploration Team in Santos Jakarta office.
The first role will focus on evaluation of new ventures and conventional exploration opportunities. You will conduct regional geological studies to identify areas of potential interest within Indonesia. You will be responsible for play and prospect evaluations, and resource and risk estimation both within Santos existing acreage and in new areas.
The second role will primarily focus on evaluation of our Coal Bed Methane (CBM) assets. Santos will soon commence a 12 well CBM drilling program and you will be responsible for monitoring and evaluating the well results and generating resource estimates. You will also be responsible for developing well plans and locations for the 2014 drilling program.
Naturally you will be a self-starter, and have sufficient depth and breadth of experience to contribute at a fully independent level.
Experience & Attributes:
- University degree in Geoscience.
- A minimum of 6 years relevant experience with an operating company.
- Excellent exploration geology core technical skills (basin analysis, play and prospect evaluation, resource and risk estimation, log evaluation).
- Experienced user of industry standard geological interpretation software.
- Previous experience of New Ventures evaluations (for the first role), and CBM geology (for the second role) would be advantageous.
- Excellent communications skills (fluent spoken and written English).
- Team player.
Santos provides a market competitive remuneration strategy and employee benefits, and also offers excellent professional development opportunities.
If you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for any of these roles, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and note the title of the role you are applying for. The cut-off date for accepting applications is 15 March 2013.
Candidates will be evaluated based on assessment of their skills, knowledge, experience and relevant qualifications in accordance with the requirements of the role. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.