PROGRAMME OFFICER FOR AID EFFECTIVENESS (TMDF) (NATIONAL)
Summary of Key Functions:
- Facilitate implementation of TMDF programme strategies
- Management of the TMDF programme
- Creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy
- Ensure provision of top quality policy advice services to the Government and facilitation of knowledge building and management
1. Ensures implementation of TMDF strategy focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Thorough analysis and research of the aid effectiveness & development situation in the country and preparation of substantive inputs to TMDF as relevant to CCA, UNDAF, CPD, CPAP and other documents.
- Obtain stakeholder consensus on management arrangement and coordination mechanism of TMDF by facilitating stakeholder consultations.
- Assist the A4DES in the formation of the core team of TMDF programme by formulation of TORs for key inputs (personnel, organization, sub-contracts, training, and procurement) under the responsibility of BAPPENAS, submits these to the NPD and UNDP CO for clearance and administration and mobilization of such inputs
- Identification of areas for support and interventions within the areas of aid effectiveness and development.
- CO business processes mapping and preparation of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Results Management.
2. Ensures effective management of the TMDF programme focusing on quality control from formulation to implementation of the country programme achieving the following results:
- Effective application of RBM tools, establishment of management targets (BSC) and monitoring achievement of results.
- Design and formulation of initial Work Plan for the TMDF within the area of responsibility. Coordination of programme implementation with Bappenas and A4DES. Introduction of performance indicators/ success criteria, cost recovery, targets and milestones.
- Initiation of a project, entering project into Atlas, finalization of contribution agreement; determination of required revisions; coordination of the mandatory and budget re-phasing exercises, closure of project through review.
- Ensure compliance to the GOI/UNDP procedure in the setting-up of TMDF, among others: register the project document with Ministry of Finance, finalization of contribution agreement, determination of required revisions; coordination of the mandatory and budget re-phasing and revision exercises.
- Financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of the projects, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions. Participation in audit of NIM projects.
- Follow up on audit recommendations. All exceptions are timely reported.
- Aggregate reports are regularly prepared on activities, outputs and outcomes. Preparation of donor reports.
3. Ensures creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy in cooperation with the A4DES focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development of partnerships with the UN Agencies, IFI’s, government institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, private sector, civil society in the area of aid for development effectiveness based on strategic goals of UNDP, country needs and donors’ priorities.
- Analysis and research of information on donors, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for initiation of new projects, active contribution to the overall office effort in resource mobilization.
- Follow-up on the existing donor commitments and provide inputs on the TMDF resource mobilization strategy
4. Ensures provision of top quality advisory services and facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues in the areas of project to us. Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learnt directly linked to programme country policy goals.
- Closely oversee & facilitate the process of transition to nationally-managed Trust Fund in accordance with the project strategy, in collaboration with other members of the project team and continuous dialog with national counterparts & donor partners.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme issues.
Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related field.
Bachelor degree with at least seven years of relevant experience and Master degree with at least three years of relevant experience in the field of development preferably in public finance, aid management or trust fund management
Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
Closing date: 15 October 2009