Smith International Inc. is a leading global supplier of premium products and services to the oil and gas exploration and production industry. As a restltt of continued growth in Indonesia, our Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD)/ Rotary Control Devices (RCD) product line is currently seeking a Supervisor Managed Pressure Drilling who will be based in our Jakarta Office.
Supervisor – Managed Pressure Drilling
- The provision of technical and operational support to the operations and clients on MPD/RCD services
- Advise client and operations management of any problem or potential problems associated with running MPD/RCD services and ensure best practices relayed and implemented by rig team
- Ensure correct equipment is supplied to the various well sites for the execution of services
- Provide technically accurate and informative narrative of operations performed at the well site
- Operational assistance with the introduction of new technologies to the district
- Recommend business and operational process improvements for MPD/RCD services
- Be the interface between the field operations and the supporting operations management team
- Bachelor s in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience on high pressure offshore MPD/RCD s with 3 years experience on MPDIUBD operations. Experience on Semisubmersible MDP/RCD Rig-up/down will be advantageous
- Good general knowledge of drilling rig rotary equipment and drilling operations
- Self-starter with ability to travel at short notice throughout the region
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English and proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Interested candidates are invited to send in their applications with a detailed resume indicating qualifications and experience and telephone contact numbers to the following email address JobsServicesAP@Smith.com by 16th July 2010.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.