Indonesian National Legal Counsel
Jakarta, Indonesia – 0973
Job ID: 10158 Country: Indonesia
Functional Category: Legal
Employment Type: Full Time
No of Openings: 1
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is one of the largest independent oil and gas exploration and production companies in the world, and we are now an active investor in Indonesia’s oil and gas industry. With an operated and non operated offshore exploration portfolio, we continue to seek further investment opportunities in Indonesia under Anadarko Indonesia Company.
We are seeking to create a regular full time senior attorney position to manage all legal matters for the company including transactions and compliance matters.
- A Juris Doctor (JD) or Bachelor of Laws (LLB) or Master of Laws (LLM) from an accredited United States or International Law School (or equivalent). Must also be a native bahasa Indonesia speaker and be fluent in English at a level commensurate with an advanced U.S. professional degree. The successful candidate should have a minimum of five (5) years experience in the International Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Industry (i.e. ��Upstream Oil and Gas��).
- The successful candidate must be a fully-qualified practicing attorney with significant business experience and be familiar with the United States Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the Indonesian Anti-Corruption Laws, and the United Nations Convention Against Corruption. He or she should be familiar with, and have direct experience with negotiating, drafting and implementing all, or most of, the following: Production Sharing Contracts, Joint Operating Agreements, Farm-In Agreements, Stock Purchase Agreements, Purchase and Sale Agreements, Drilling Contracts, operations agreements.
- Must be able to effectively meet deadlines. Familiarity with BPMigas procurement procedures would be helpful. Previous experience working in a Corporate Legal Department would prove valuable. Should also have experience managing and/or working with other attorneys, paralegals, and support staff proving the ability to function productively in a team setting.
- The successful candidate will work closely with the current expatriate Legal Advisor on all legal matters and will gradually assume responsibility as capabilities are proven. Must learn and be able to apply all of the company��s policies and procedures for which the company��s Legal Department has responsibility including the company��s Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Compliance Policy and its Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- The successful candidate will be expected to work and interact with fellow attorneys and with expatriate technical and management personnel as well as all Indonesian national employees of the company, both in Jakarta and based at our headquarters in Houston, Texas. He or she will be asked to participate on applicable committees of industry trade associations. On occasion, international travel may be required.
- Anadarko’s corporate headquarters is located in Houston, Texas. Occasional travel to Houston is required.