SAMSUNG CONSTRUCTION & TRADING
Samsung C&T – South Korea is currently seeking for:
CONTRACT (COMMERCIAL) MANAGER (CM)
- Contract (Commercial) Manager who has experience at huge civil & construction project, like as Road, Bridge, Rail (Metro), Port and Building.
- Should have Middle East (Gulf Area) Career
- Minimum career is Top 30 Eng’g and Construction Company of world ranking. (Such as Bechtel, VINCI, Bouygues, Saipem etc.)
The Employee shall perform the following services and all related work for the Employer and agrees to faithfully perform such duties. The Employer may change the duties of the Employee in accordance with the Employer’s needs.
1. Support the ’Early Mobilization’ of new awarded Overseas Projects
- The CM will participate in set-up of all new Overseas Projects from the early stages right after award of new project.
- Support to review, prepare and submit the documents which the Contractor has to submit to the Client within specified time limit in accordance with the Contract on dispatched duty at the site or remotely involvement in Head Office, for a certain period which the Employer considers necessary, prior to assignment of site Contract Manager in the early stages of new project.
- Give advice and support on recruitment of site contracts administration staff for the new project (Site Contract Manager and Quantity Surveyors).
- Analyze the risk of Project execution obligations – particular emphasis on issues giving rise to time and cost implications.
- Prepare ’Outstanding Contract guideline’ for contract administration for site staff who may not be familiar with contract administration to be used as handy reference manual as required by the Employer.
- Initiate appropriate site document control systems in respect of contractual issues.
2. Support and give expert’s advice on the On-going Site based Contractual Issues The CM will oversee all Overseas Projects, in terms of contractual issues arisen (or the potential of such issues) and advise on appropriate “counter-measures”.
- Oversee and give an advice on the Site- based contractually “problematic” issues.
- In the event there is no Site based personnel (due to small project size or other reasons), CM will perform the role as same as site-based Contract Manager or Senior Quantity Surveyor as requested by the Employer
- In the event of claims arising at site, review and support claim preparation, negotiation and close out of claims in cooperation with Site staffs as required by the Employer.
- Advise on appropriate “hedging” strategies or “counter-measures” to maximize returns/minimize potential losses.
- Advise on appropriate strategies to “close-out” issues.
Send your resume with copy of passport to email@example.com before 23 February 2014