Barclays is a major global financial services provider with an extensive international presence in Europe, The Americas, Africa and Asia. Our strategy is to be the best retail and commercial bank for every customer, every product, every market, all the time and we are committed to attracting talented individuals who put customer service at the heart of everything they do.
Indonesia is one of Asia’s most important and dynamic markets and the entry of Barclays Bank into market is another important step in expanding our global footprint. The Barclays Emerging Markets business now spans 14 countries across the globe and we are looking foward to the exciting and changing times ahead.
Barclays has a world class employee-orientated culture and is an equal opportunities employer, which invests in its people’s future development; we hope you will be a part of our success.
To this end, we are seeking talented individuals who share our vision for excellence and success in a number of areas, including:
Compliance Officer (COO)
- 4 – 5 years experience in Compliance
- Wide-ranging compliance experience in a financial services environment.Experience in policy setting and roll out
- Intellectual and analytical skills of a high order. He/she is likely to be a graduate and / or have a professional qualification.
- The strength of character, credibility and personal presence and the communication skills to operate confidently and effectively
- The flexibility to appreciate the commercial objectives of the business, coupled with an ability to challenge, independently and constructively. Tact and sensitivity as well as strength and authority are important.
- Ability to use initiative and work with minimum supervision but ensuring, at the same time, that the line reports are kept fully informed at all times.
- Ability to consider issues from a range of angles and propose creative solutions that assist the business in achieving its goals in a safe, compliant and controlled manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to influence people
- Ability to make a real contribution in a rapidly changing environment and thrive on change and the need to learn rapidly.
Implementing and maintaining compliance risk management processes and methodology in respective business. Provide support to business head in country to ensure the business complies with regulatory requirements, as provided for in legislation, in order to mitigate exposure and risk, as well as any loss, monetary and reputational, by providing specialist support to business in identifying risk, compiling risk management plans, providing the appropriate advice and monitoring levels of compliance.
For further inquiries, send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Close On: 28-Mar-2009