Talisman Energy Inc. is a large, independent upstream oil and gas company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Talisman has operations in Canada and its subsidiaries operate in the North Sea, Southeast Asia, Australia, North Africa, the United States and Trinidad and Tobago.
Talisman entered Indonesia in 1994 through the acquisition of Bow Valley Energy Inc, giving us interests in the Corridor Block and Ogan Komering JOB in South Sumatera, among other assets.
Through the 2005 acquisition of Paladin Resource, Talisman acquired interests in the offshore South East Sumatera Block, Offshore North West Java Block and Jambi Merang JOB in 2010.
Talisman was awarded the high potential deepwater Pasangkayu Block (in partnership with Marathon Oil as operator) in 2006, continued with the high potential deepwater Sageri Block in 2007 and Andaman III in 2009. Most recently, South Sageri, Sadang and South Mandar were the new awarded blocks in 2010.
From existing producing assets alone, Talisman is expected to achieve rapid growth in Indonesia in the next few years (from almost 50,000 boe per day in 2007 to over 80,000 boe perday in 2010).
Experienced and suitably qualified Indonesian Nationals seeking challenging employment are invited to apply for this position
Chief Exploration Geophysicist
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Talisman Asia LTD is currently seeking a senior geophysicist to be seconded to Pertamina-Talisman JOB Jambi Merang- a joint-operated body.
Reporting to the Exploration Manager the successful candidate will assume a leadership role in the promotion of new leads & prospects in Jambi Merang PSC, located in the South Sumatra Basin.
- Planning and budgeting exploration activities
- Coordinating new seismic programs
- Work with subsurface team to propose near-field “step-out” development
- Rigorous review of current leads & prospects
- Explore and develop new play concepts (both conventional & unconventional)
- Propose exploration drills
- Report to JOB Exploration Manager (Pertamina) and Talisman Asia VP of Operations
- Represent JOB & Talisman at meetings with BPMIGAS
The ideal candidate will have:
- Basic interpretation
- Advanced seismic processing and AVO (Amplitude Vs. Offset)
- Velocity modeling, depth conversion & well tie
- Seismic attribute and facies mapping
- Bachelor Degree (S1) in Geophysics or Geology or Earth Science, with at least 10 (ten) years experience exploration geophysics, including processing in oil and gas industry
- Supervisory experience and strong leadership skills showing by a demonstrated ability to mentor and train staff.
- Experience planning and implementing seismic programs
- Exploration drilling experience
- Development/operations experience is an advantage
- Comfortable with Geoframe or Geographix and Hampsen Russel
- Petrel experience is an advantage
Only the very best will be considered for this key position. Address your application quoting position title that you apply to: email@example.com