Shell began operations in Indonesia more than 100 years ago and can look back on a rich history with Indonesia. At Shell Indonesia, we believe that diversity is key: it will help our drive to innovate and make sure that our employees’ ideas will travel. We offer an exciting platform from which you can deliver and excel. Shell Indonesia manages business operations that include marketing and trading oil products directly as well as through its appointed distributors. In 2006, Shell started its Commercial Fuels business in Indonesia: we provide bulk fuels and related technical support to the Industrial and Transport Sector. Shell Indonesia is also planning to establish a significant presence in the upstream sector.
Please find below the position that we currently looking for:
Category Manager Fuels
An exciting role in the fast growing Retail organization of Indonesia. The role entails the localization and delivery of the marketing agenda in close cooperation with regional and global marketing, local sales, support functions. Develop and oversee the implementation of fuels Marketing activities for the market unit. The role provides outstanding development opportunities and combines hands-on delivery of marketing plans, to market and competitor analyses and (regional) project work in the areas of network development, pricing, customer satisfaction and customer retention and acquisition. Role spans all areas of marketing from promotion to pricing to place to product.
- Accountable for Shell Fuels brand ( main and premium grade) and deliver competitive marketing plans to support the volume and profit targets.
- Deliver customer centric value propositions
- Collaborate with functions such as Trading & Supply, Retailers, Sales & Operations team to deliver superior onsite integration
- Work closely with locals from Convenience Retailing, Lubricants, Payment & Loyalty to ensure integration of CVP
- Develop key marketing priorities that support the delivery of the multiyear planning and annual business target setting.
- Develop and execute the Fuels Portfolio Progression Plan, taking into account government mandates for fuels specifications, emission and effluent standards, as well as changes in customer and OEM engine technology developments. In conjunction with the global Fuels Marketing team and for ensuring that key local stakeholders (e.g. Trading & Supply) are aligned with the plan
- Develop and monitor execution of fuels launches and revitalization projects. Act as project team leader securing necessary support from key stakeholders such us Trading & Supply, Sales & Ops, Network, etc.
- Key focal point for Operations Support Team (OST) and for ensuring that all marketing initiatives are implemented in a way that maximizes operational effectiveness once implemented on site, and is effectively integrated with Sales.
- Work closely with global teams and keep a healthy challenge and support process going to leverage on each other’s strengths and inputs; share and apply learning and best practices with global teams.
- Continuously monitor implementation of plans, ensure that plan timeline/cost limitations are met, provide update and be willing to intervene on plan performance, and resolve under-performance when necessary.
- Develop and implement clear action plans to address fuels volume/profitability/costs gap vs target.
- Accountable for Performance review and ensure timely completion with reflections/learning shared for continuous improvement.
- Act as lead from Fuels Marketing to coordinate with S&OP/EFT teams to ensure appropriate supply and distribution of product in the market.
Experience and Qualifications required:
- University degree with business and/or marketing
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Brand Management, Marketing Communications,
- Strategic Marketing in FMCG or multinationals environment preferred
- Strong leadership and communications skills
- Self-motivated and results oriented; ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders
- Good spoken and written English.
- Sound competences in analyzing marketing insights for consumer, customer, category and competitors
Deadline application: 30 June 2015
To apply, please visit www.shell.com/careers
Jobs & Careers -> Experienced Professionals -> Job Search-> Indonesia