Santos is an Australian-based oil and gas exploration and production company with high quality assets and projects throughout Australia and the Asia–Pacific region. In support of our growing Indonesian business we are currently seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following positions:
Safety Compliance Coordinator (Code: SCC)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly capable Safety Compliance Coordinator to work in the EHS Team in Santos Jakarta Office. As a Safety Compliance Coordinator in Santos Indonesia you will be reporting to the EHS Manager. Major responsibilities are to develop and implement effective Health & Safety standards for Santos operations to deliver strong Health & Safety performance in compliance with Government regulation as well as corporate guidance.
Roles and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Review and update technical Health & Safety procedures and processes in coordination with relevant parties according to government regulation as well as company requirement to achieve strong health and safety performance while achieving business needs.
- Act as focal point for Health & Safety support in order to serve as a technical source for Health & Safety activities and improvements within the company.
- Review annual Health & Safety improvement plan for the Indonesia business unit in alignment with corporate plan where applicable in order to ensure accomplishment of Company’s Health & Safety objectives.
- Develop and deliver Health & Safety training to staff and contractors covering induction, Health & Safety skills, emergency response and statutory requirements training to provide Health & Safety awareness throughout the conduct of business activities.
- Provide Health & Safety guidance and technical advice to the Indonesia Management team (eg. gap analysis between government regulation and Santos implementation) to ensure compliance with government regulations and corporate requirement and drive continuous improvement efforts.
- Interface with the Government of Indonesia and professional association to maintain relationship and support company’s business needs.
- Actively participate in EHS meetings in order to communicate Health & Safety activities and updates on Safety statistics to the management team.
- Coordinate and participate in audit compliance for implementation of EHS Management Systems and Management plans to assure that company cooperates in compliance with government regulations and company requirements.
- May lead investigation and provide solution towards Health & Safety issues to analyze the issues and provide preventive standards.
- Monitor and evaluate Health & Safety performance, including monthly incidents and trends in order to ensure personnel work in a safe manner.
- Prepare and coordinate regular reports for Santos corporate, Government office and joint venture in order to ensure accurate and on time submission of the reports.
- Perform effective contractor and supplier management procedure which includes monitoring procedure referring to SKKMIGAS guidelines, reviewing of EHS questionnaires, and issuing EHS certificate for the contractors, in order to ensure that the contractor also implement of Santos EHS guidelines.
- Minimum Bachelors Degree majoring Hygiene.
- At least 10 years of experience in Health and Safety areas.
- Have OHSAS 18001 certified, taproot training, NEBOSH.
- Good communication and able to influence.
- Proven strong organizational and communication skills.
Santos provides a market competitive remuneration strategy and employee benefits, and also offers excellent professional development opportunities.
If you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 7 March 2014 and note the title of the role you are applying for.
Candidates will be evaluated based on assessment of their skills, knowledge, experience and relevant qualifications in accordance with the requirements of the role. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.