Callaway Golf (Thailand) Ltd is hiring an Operations Manager for its newly established sales and marketing organization in Bangkok. This is a chance for an internationally-minded person to join a dynamic team working for one of the most respected brands in sports. Responsibilities management of import and local distribution of golf equipment and accessories including supervision and relationship management of a third party logistics partner. 8-10 years experience, relevant accounting experience. Thai national with strong English skills required. Thai national with strong English skills required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead, manage and develop staff in the daily operations to achieve defined objectives
• Manage operational budgets
• Communicate effectively with other business areas as needed
• Manage order management process and ensure fulfillment of orders to retailers and other customers
Forecasting and Planning
• Participates in the financial and inventory planning processes
• Analyze business trends and ratios, and identifies emerging issues and opportunities
• Work with corporate and operating management to identify and quantify potential costs and benefits
• Leads special projects to improve operations performance, including restructuring programs, benchmarking studies, competitive analysis, etc.
• Identify and implement lean projects for the planning and forecasting processes
• Manages relationship and is primary liaison with third party administrator(s) for warehousing and logistics services
• Manage all aspects of warehouse/freight out/returns department
• Manages and verifies that physical inventories and cycle counts are completed as required
• Manage all aspects of Inventory control (daily cycle counts, maintain monthly targets)
• Manage Logistics, Freight and Warranty budget and costs
• Manages audits of all inventory/assets; within the company, consigned to customers, sub-contracted to vendors, and consigned from vendors
• Establishes, analyzes, and reports inventory accuracy metrics
• Leads department document control (standardized processes)
• Assists in space planning for distribution center, shipping and warehouse
• Assists in all aspects of building security (including contractual agreement with 3rd party security company) to ensure safety of employees
• Keep current with distribution systems, benchmark operational effectiveness and develop best practice standards and space utilization
• Reinforces the Callaway Golf Security Policy, including building security
• Responsible for maintaining and abiding by all Health & Safety policies and procedures in local country
• Manage vendor relationships within the region; manage all aspects including inventory control, on-time delivery, responsiveness and expenses
• Create a continuous improvement environment that delivers quality outcomes
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Good communication skills both written and verbal with multiple departments and all levels of management.
• Excellent judgment/decision making, conflict resolution, directing and motivating staff skills.
• Ability to work independently and use sound judgment in decision making.
• Knowledge of a computer based warehouse management system a plus.
• Knowledge of shipping manifest systems.
• Strong financial understanding (P&L, Balance Sheet)
• Knowledge of ERP systems, SAP preferred
• Ability to speak, read, and writes English
Education and/or Experience
• BA/BS degree Business Administration or equivalent experience
• Minimum 5 years experience in Distribution, Logistics / Transportation / Global logistics / Forecasting & Planning, ideally as the operations manager for a company or business unit
• Minimum 2 years management experience.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com and include CG THAILAND in the subject line.