Material Handling Engineer
Remuneration: Best in the Industry
Location: Geoje, South Korea
Industry: Oil & gas/Power/Infrastructure/Energy
Employment: Contract Basis
Experience: 4 – 8 years
Essentials Skills Sets Required:
- Experience in Oil & Gas Industry, especially on offshore projects.
- Handling all type of designing work in accordance with the company.
- Required to provide knowledge and expertise on material handling.
- Responsible for the follow up of implementation of the overall material handling philosophy for the project, covering all main areas (process module, drilling, hull, living quarter and wellhead module) and the overall material handling for the whole installation.
- Responsible for ensuring multi- discipline collaboration and endorsement of the material handing philosophy.
- Strong preference for candidates with experience of AutoCAD and/or 3D design/drafting software, SAP & ERP.
- Responsibility of scrutinizing and evaluating of tender documents both technically as well as commercially.
- Floating Enquiries to Suppliers / Manufacturers.
- Making Pre-Qualification documents, both standards as well project specific technical & commercial questionnaire.
- Preparation of Techno- Commercial offers.
- Follow up with sales team for the technical and commercial issues of the clients.
- Proper selection of Material to suit the technical requirements.
- Identification of new suppliers.
- Market Forecasting and Strategic Planning.
- Required to follow up material handling design throughout the project.
- Providing technical knowledge and support in the matters of materials handling.
- Developing and maintaining communication channels with clients, to ensure that work flows smoothly and that we are providing first class engineering services.
- Experience with operation and maintenance of offshore installations, including basic understanding of daily operational routines of various positions in first and second line maintenance tasks
- Ensure all calculations are performed efficiently and effectively.
- Strong in planning, organizing, problem solving, development and review of options
- Creativity and presenting Material Handling reports as per the client requirement.
- Should have an experience in Oil & Gas Industries.
- Candidates must have a qualification in Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical or Piping/ Layout Disciplines.
- Good Communication & Interpersonal skills and have experience to work with global customers.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience within mechanical discipline related to maintenance, engineering and construction to offshore installations.
- Efficiently and effectively managing multiple tasks independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Should have knowledge of interdisciplinary departments.
- Ownership mindset, ability to work independently in a Team environment with minimum of supervision, effective communication skills (written and oral).
- Competent computer skills (Microsoft Office toolset).
- Willingness to travel to both domestically and internationally, for varying durations and at times to remote locations.
- AutoCAD and/or 3D design/drafting software capabilities is considered an asset.
- Proven track record of meeting objectives and tight schedules and can handle pressure.
- Persistence and determination go-getter approach.
- Broad experience in Oil & Gas brownfield and greenfield facilities with EPC contractors.
Our client “Samsung Heavy industries “is currently seeking a Material Handling Engineer on a Contract basis. SHI Korea is a part of Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI), a group company of Samsung, a South Korean conglomerate; SHI puts its main focus on the Shipbuilding and Offshore business. It executes EPCI projects of high value-added FPSO / FSO, Fixed Offshore Platforms, Semi-submersible Drilling Rigs, Drillships, Passenger ships, Wind mills as well as commercial vessels. SHI India is involved in design and engineering of large International Offshore Oil and Gas Projects.
If interested please forward CV in word document at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com