PT Petrosea Tbk has been designing, building and mining in all corners of Indonesia since 1972 and today is recognized as one of Indonesia s leading engineering, construction and mining contractors. Thanks to the imagination and commitment of more than 3000 staff, Petrosea has secured a growing portfolio of projects throughout Indonesia and the region.
Petrosea has access and support to world class management and project delivery systems which allows Petrosea to deliver international excellence to the Indonesian market.
We are currently taking applicants for the following position:
Prepare, review and analyze contract document, including auditing documents for compliance and offer a legal perspective to all situations that may expose company to risk in order to enhance company s effectiveness and efficiencies in term of minimizing such risk in commercial/contracts.
- Requires travel to Project Locations as required
- Vendor/suppliers/subcontractor meetings and visits
- Interface with commercial/legal service providers
- Audits investigations
- Risk and exposure due diligence
- Min. Bachelor Degree from Engineering
- Min. 5 years experiences in contract / commercial
- Review and analyze contracts at the Tender stage, giving input to the Bid Manager regarding the contract composition/legalities and any qualifications required in order to align conditions to Petrosea contracting guidelines
- Drafting formal letters and attending negotiations of a contractual nature in order to provide logistical support to Project Managers in resolving contractual issues with the Client/vendors
- Organize and manage variations and claims to their scope of work and successfully negotiate these to settlement, including a running log of all contractual correspondence to settlement
- Monitor and control contract implementation to ensure that the Client and Petrosea follow the contractual requirements of the contract such that Petrosea is not exposed to unnecessary costs or penalties
- Evaluate and analyse all legal aspects of commercial documents/contracts and manage such to stay abreast of commercial change/risk
- Evaluate and conduct restructuring of internal documents to ensure all company s documents are in accordance with the Petrosea Contracting Principles and management of commercial contracts
- Client Monthly Report (CMR) – Check accuracy and completeness of CMR. Monitor timeliness and ensure submission and circulation
We offer our staff a challenging and innovative work environment. An attractive salary package will be negotiated to ensure a high caliber appointment.
To apply for this position, please send your application together with a detailed resume including recent color photograph, and quoting in email subject: Commercial Engineer to email@example.com in Microsoft Word or PDF format with a file size not more than 350kb, not later than 18 February 2013.