The Embassy of Denmark invites suitable candidates to apply for a position as:
Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) and commercial adviser (energy and environment)
Since 2003 the Embassy of Denmark has been actively pursuing the CDM market in Indonesia, developing CDM projects and facilitating the purchase of CO2-emission reductions on behalf of the Danish state. The Embassy plans to further expand our role in this market as well as to promote Danish expertise within the energy efficiency and environment.
Scope of Work
The position will include the task of developing and negotiating potential CDM projects in Indonesia. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Provide support to external consultants in identifying and developing potential CDM projects,
- Facilitate emission reduction purchase agreements on behalf of the Danish state,
- Provide follow-up for approval by DNA
- Support for validation, verification and monitoring of CDM projects,
- Organizing CDM seminars promoting Denmark as a buyer of CERs
- Promote Danish companies within the energy efficiency and environment sectors
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of the CDM area, understanding of climate change issues
- Extensive knowledge of the market for energy and environmental technologies,
- Experience from the public or private sector administration,
- Ability to work independently on missions, as well as part of a team at the Embassy,
- Degree in a relevant field,
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia,
- Relevant computer skills required,
- Willingness to travel extensively in Indonesia.
The person will be part of a team with considerable experience in CDM, actively identifying CDM projects for the Danish state and the Danish private sector as well as being part of the Embassy’s commercial unit the employment will be for one year starting a.s.a.p. with possibility for extension. Please send your application by e-mail email@example.com) with a detailed resume, stating qualifications and previous work experience, no later than October 26, 2009.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified